Using Utopia Under-seat Storage as Coolers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
seat/cooler

I don't think that they are insulated or sealed very well, so i can't see it working all that well.

Just try to find a soft sided cooler that fits under the seat.

I don't think that they are insulated or sealed very well, so i can't see it working all that well.

Just try to find a soft sided cooler that fits under the seat.

Do those soft sided coolers work very well? I have two small igloos that we use under the seats now. They keep the contents cold but only two cases total. Thats really not that much beer/water with 5-6 people on the boat. I know I could fit more in the space with a soft cooler just never used one and no idea if they work as well as trad. cooler.

We have used one cooler that came with our challenger and other sid we just dumped beer and drinks in it with ice. its got a drain so water will drain out. it seems to keep it cold enough!

Do those soft sided coolers work very well? I have two small igloos that we use under the seats now. They keep the contents cold but only two cases total. Thats really not that much beer/water with 5-6 people on the boat. I know I could fit more in the space with a soft cooler just never used one and no idea if they work as well as trad. cooler.

They seem to work pretty good. I keep three small ones tucked under and around the seats, and you hardly know they are there.

xrider. How long did the ice last, did it make it all day on the lake? Say five hours or more? I might have to give it a try if it lasts long enough. Also do you find the cans or bottles crash around a lot in chop?

Aaron

i have an 08 challanger and just dump my beer and ice and drinks right under the seat without a cooler and the ice last a long time at least 5 hours. it works great

we never actually stayed out that long. so for my needs its find for time being. I like cans better, they cant break like glass and try not to throw caps in there with ice and beer. someone threw few of them in there and there is some rust residue on bottom that I couldnt clean off last time.

Before I made the first post, I did not know of a cheap way to insulate the compartments. Then I found this two-part foam at McMaster. It was about $35, and just enough for the two rear-seat storage compartments (You can call them coolers, now.). It is advertized to cover 12 sq/ft at 1" thick. I have never seen spray-on polyurethane foam in such a small size until now.
Click on pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back