Upgrade stereo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossboys3

2009 speedster 150 upgrade stereo

I have a 09 150 speedster 255hp. I want to upgrade the stereo and have lots of questions. I am thinking of running a 5 channel amp from MTX to power 4 speakers and 1 10" sub. Also would like to put wakeboard tower speaker on.

Questions:
1. Where can I mount the 10" sub and does it need to be a shallow mount
2. Where can I mount the amp. The MTX one is 15" long. Also MB Quartz has one that is 20" long
3. What speakers should I use for the 6.5". Familiar with Polk, JL and Memphis. Want some to go into existing holes in between back seats that will fit.
4. The other 2 6.5 speaker should go where in the boat?
5. Will I be OK with current battery?
6. Tower Speakers Mounting. Any suggestions of mounting or brand?

Thanks for all your help. Just trying to narrow down my decisions. Any pictures would help.

I have a sportster which is the same design of your boat w/ a decent system in it. Here's my opinion to your questions:
1. I mounted a 10" free-air sub on both sides of the cockpit area - 1 is on the left side between the grab handles about in the middle of the panel. The other is on the drivers side but mounted lower to have clearence for the shifter.
2. I chose to run 3 amps. I have 2 single channel digital amps (1 for each sub) & a 4 channel amp for mids & highs. The are mounted inside the dash area on the front wall that seperates the dash from the storage area (remove the small bucket).
3. Speakers are entirely your choice - I chose to run Kenwoods due to keeping the cost down. I boat exclusivley in salt water & ussually replace speakers every 3 yrs or so due to them going bad. So I wanted something I could replace cheaply.
4. I have 6 - 6.5 coaxils & a 6.5" seperate set. 2 in factory location, 4 in the bow of the boat (mounted on the wall area between the step & top). The seperate set is mounted on the cockpit walls.
5. Depends what size battery u have & how much / loud u plan on playing the radio while at anchor. I am currently running 2 batteries. I have a small 30 AH battery as my main cranking battery & an Optima class 27 blue top as my stereo battery. I have them set up on an auto seperator which joins them when running if the main battery is fully charged, but seperates them once the motor is off. I also keep both batteries on a tender & always leave the house with them at 100%.
6. I don't have a tower - so never really looked into this.

Hope this helps.

Good Information. I have a Memphis Audio 5 channel amp to run 4-6 MA speakers and a 10" sub. I am concerned about battery issues but I like your idea of how you have your battery system set up. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back