Looking to purchase a Subwoofer for Speedster 200

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

hello

Last year I upgrade my stereo and speakers in my speedster 200 to an all Kenwood system. It sounds very good but really lacks any base. Looking for a budget friendly subwoofer and amp to add to my system. Probably like a 10" and wondering what you have used in your boats and location you have installed them in?

Probably the most popular spot for a sub is going to be the front bulkhead area in between the front seats. In terms of what sub specifically, check out the marine audio stuff on Crutchfield.com many different options to fit your budget. If you start pulling more power with a bigger audio system you will want a voltage gauge so you don't end up stranded.

So I am thinking of a 12" kicker free air sub mounted in front bulkhead as suggested. With that said I see you can purchase either a 2 or 4 ohm sub. What is the advantage of each and what would you suggest buying? What should I look at for a amp to go with this sub?

I've got a 150 and ya, the bass sucks. Was looking at putting in a 6 or 8" sub under the dash. Should clear my legs and I can put the amp in the cubby/console hole where the wiring is. Should keep it out of the way of water also.

So I am thinking of a 12" kicker free air sub mounted in front bulkhead as suggested. With that said I see you can purchase either a 2 or 4 ohm sub. What is the advantage of each and what would you suggest buying? What should I look at for a amp to go with this sub?
There are no advantages of one over the other. The impedance of the sub should match the impedance of your amplifier output. The amplifier that comes with this kit is rated at 4 ohms, but is also “2 Ohm Stable” with might mean it works at 2 ohms also, only the marketing department knows what that means. The speaker it comes with is 4 Ohms. I looked at the pictures of the back of the amp and could not find the mono output jack (it has left and right output, which is not how subs get hooked up) but I’m confident the owners manual will explain how to hook it up. This thing will suck some power so watch you battery status.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back