2008 Speedster stereo/speaker upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckypig2

Hello everyone! First time posting on here. I just recently bought an 08 Speedster 150. I was hoping someone on here would have some advice on upgrading the speakers/head unit.

I'm not looking to do anything too crazy. I just want a better sound than the stock speakers. I was looking at the Kicker 45KM654L 6.5"

As for the head unit the only thing I'd really want would be bluetooth capability. Any advice would be appreciated!

I changed out my head unit with this
Jensen MS2ARTL AM/FM/USB Bluetooth Stereo with App Control. I also added some Wet Sound speakers which I have found to be the best speakers that I have had on the boat. I had some Polks but the quality was not nearly as good.

I changed out my head unit with this
Jensen MS2ARTL AM/FM/USB Bluetooth Stereo with App Control. I also added some Wet Sound speakers which I have found to be the best speakers that I have had on the boat. I had some Polks but the quality was not nearly as good.

I've heard nothing but good things about Wet Sounds. Are you running an amp also?

Sounds is nice but really have not had a chance to go through and fine tune the system yet. Just put the system in last weekend. I really wanted to add a sub but wife put the stop to that.

I'm running wet sounds as well. If you're just wanting Bluetooth you have many options. I use aux cable input from the radio ran to a blue tooth adapter which was 15 dollars as Walmart. You can also run Bluetooth off an amp too. The RCA in on an amp can be aux on one end and RCA on the other that cord is about 8 dollars from Walmart as well. You could still control the sound from the radio and turn off and on.

I have a tower on a 12 Doo boat. I'm running a wetsound Rev 410 with a sinister 2 amp. It's pretty nice.

Could we install any stereo or does it have to be mine type? I have an extra Bluetooth sitting in garage that I would like to install.

Could we install any stereo or does it have to be mine type? I have an extra Bluetooth sitting in garage that I would like to install.

Marine type has coating on internals to help with corrosion, you can install any type you want but if not coated then will corrode pretty quickly.

Sounds is nice but really have not had a chance to go through and fine tune the system yet. Just put the system in last weekend. I really wanted to add a sub but wife put the stop to that.

Gotta get the sub, so glad I did. I pushed and finally got the go ahead after finding a great deal on a polk 10”. Sounds great, really fills the sound. Not gonna hear me coming a mile away but Don’t care about that.

I bought the Wetsounds Revo 6 and I'm currently scheming on how to mount them.

The Revos are significantly deeper/heavier than stock and I'm worried my aggressive driving style may break the fiberglass mounting holes (they're very close to the 5" mounting cutout). I just got some 1/2" PVC sheeting I'm planning to make mounting braces for the engine compartment side. I'm also looking to make speaker enclosures for them since the stock ones don't fit the Revos.

@WaTeRMaNiaC407 - If your name is any indication you drive the 150 pretty hard.
-do you wave jump it?
-did you reinforce the mount in any way ?
-are the speakers mounted free-air, or did you enclose them?

I bought the Wetsounds Revo 6 and I'm currently scheming on how to mount them.

The Revos are significantly deeper/heavier than stock and I'm worried my aggressive driving style may break the fiberglass mounting holes (they're very close to the 5" mounting cutout). I just got some 1/2" PVC sheeting I'm planning to make mounting braces for the engine compartment side. I'm also looking to make speaker enclosures for them since the stock ones don't fit the Revos.

@WaTeRMaNiaC407 - If your name is any indication you drive the 150 pretty hard.
-do you wave jump it?
-did you reinforce the mount in any way ?
-are the speakers mounted free-air, or did you enclose them?

I used to ride it very hard near one of the inlets here in Florida. I never had any problems with any of the speakers, amp or receiver. (Other than I think that I did knock a ground wire off once). I didn't do anything special with anything other than just making sure the amp was securely mounted.

Good Luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back