RESTO Two new X-4 restoration projects

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, guys.
My name is Mike Stowe and I am the owner and designer for www.pwcgraphics.com
Unfortunately - I get so busy that I do not have the time to check the various forums as much as I would like, but I did want to check out this one.

I just wanted to touch on a couple of subject and try to help out.

Many of my reproduction kits are hand-digitized from various photos. Due to the different photo angles, printing methods, materials and differences in cameras, monitors, etc..., I can only guarantee that the graphics will be close.
Once I get the images reproduced, I put them on my template and then size accordingly.

If someone has access to the accurate size of the 95XP800 kit - I can likely alter it to be closer to the correct dimensions.

In the case of the 1998 SPX kit that was mentioned - the customer had the original graphics and I believe I was able to duplicate them near exact.

I would be happy to design a kit for the 1996 XP if anyone is interested. I do not charge extra for the design time, but it is not a quick process. If anyone has access to an original set (or partial set) that makes things much easier.
Another option is to tract the outside edge of the old graphics so I can use that as the basic outline. I can then design the graphics from photos, but make them fit the traced outline. This way - they would be very close to the original.

If there is anything I can do to help or if you have any questions - feel free to shoot me an email!
Thank you very much!
Mike: info@pwcgraphics.com

I just wanted to write a quick comment on pwc graphics. Mike sent me graphics for my 97 spx with flames and they turned out great. He was fast and very easy to deal with. He made a 17 year ski look great again!

Thanks Mike, pretty cool when the owner of a company gets on the forum to address some of our needs.... There are a lot of guys on here who are very serious about their machines. It's nice to see you join up to try an help us.... Hopefully with the help of some of the guys on the forum we can get those decals close to exact.... I'm really considering a kit for my 95 xp800 and I'm sure there are plenty of other people interested in OEM reproductions for their skis, especially if they are close to original and the price seems right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say Mike I got two x4 kits from you and they turned out great!!! I love the look and quality!

Hey Mike,

Thanks for chiming in and clearing up the why there are differences in the decals from stock---just what I was looking for! That being said I have access to both the front left and right decals for the 95 XP800's, they're NOS, I also have a few of the square rear black and white Bombardier decal again NOS. I can also trace the rear side decals to get the over all shape exact and can provide close up detailed pics if you need. I have access to about 3 or 4 95's with the OEM decals still on them. If we could get these altered to be just that much closer to OEM that would be awesome.

I've traced a few decals on my other skis.

753.jpg

No problem.
That is exactly what I would need to get as close as possible to the factory graphics.
The only thing that would be better is to have an unused OEM decal.
Take care!

I'll try and line up the NOS decals for the front this weekend if time permits and will reach out to you via email. Thanks again.

If you don't mind what decals are included with your 95 XP800 kit? Is it just the sides (front and rear) or does it include the seadoo decal on the front and rear (white to pinkish fade) and the blue Bombardier for the hood? Dash decal? I think another user [MENTION=33718]dan87951[/MENTION] has an NOS dash decal.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Very cool, so it's complete kit then. Less the tip over decals and USCG on the rear of the ski.

Can you make these too?

404.jpg

405.jpg

It was me that sent the 98 Spx decals in and pwcgraphics did a great job on them. It took him a while but they got done and it was worth it. I do have a 95' XP 800 dash decal and the decal by the sponsons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish you would have posted this a while back. I had a complete set of nos 99 spx decals that I used on a restoration, however I may be able to get a hold of another set. How much would you charge to make copies of them? Also would the oem decals be able to be used after you use them to make copies. I assume after you peel off the top mask they would not be usable.

I wish you would have posted this a while back. I had a complete set of nos 99 spx decals that I used on a restoration, however I may be able to get a hold of another set. How much would you charge to make copies of them? Also would the oem decals be able to be used after you use them to make copies. I assume after you peel off the top mask they would not be usable.

i already have a 99 SPX kit available. It is very close.
If it looks like it is not close enough, I could try to copy the oem decals if they are available.
I would not damage the oem decals. I would have to remove the top application tape, but I can do so without damaging the decals and then just apply new tape.

No charge for the design time - the kit cost is $195 + ship.

Thanks.

Holy crap! I didn't know this project was happening! Very, very cool !

I have had my head deep into snowmobiling & have been a fair weather PWC'r So I missed the thread until the recent posts.

Not sure I could take on two projects at the same time. Your brave Dan.......! I will read the entire thread later tonight.

Subscribed!

BTW, my 95xp 720 has been the quickest ski I have popping out of the water from a dead stop. It would be a blast with an 800 in it. It has an aftermarket prop & grate on it, so that probably helps some, But I am guessing its the power to weight ratio more than anything else. The 720 just doesn't have the grunt on the top end like the 800. would like to drive one someday if I get a chance.

Mike took care of me on my very first ski making some one off style flames that looked great.

Mike, are you making the ones for WCSS in their catalog right?

Holy crap! I didn't know this project was happening! Very, very cool !

I have had my head deep into snowmobiling & have been a fair weather PWC'r So I missed the thread until the recent posts.

Not sure I could take on two projects at the same time. Your brave Dan.......! I will read the entire thread later tonight.

Subscribed!

BTW, my 95xp 720 has been the quickest ski I have popping out of the water from a dead stop. It would be a blast with an 800 in it. It has an aftermarket prop & grate on it, so that probably helps some, But I am guessing its the power to weight ratio more than anything else. The 720 just doesn't have the grunt on the top end like the 800. would like to drive one someday if I get a chance.

Here is the build thread on the 95 HERE. I kinda had a little set back---just a minor one. So as you read through the thread you will see a pic of my snowboard while my son and I blew off some time to take a break. Well about 2 hours after the first pic(post#59) I wiped--bad. Bad enough that I couldn't move my left arm but an inch or two and that almost sent me into tears. So I made it down the rest of the slope and sat in my car for 4 hours while my son and my buddies son snowboarded--alone (my son 9 and my buddies son, 12), it was safe, right? So a few days go by and I go to see my Dr. he says all is good, if something was broke he would know it. Sweet, $30 to him and I'm gone. Fast forward until last Thursday the 27th. My arm still hurt but I have full range just can't put pressure directly on it, nor could I lift a 20# box. Call the Dr. he write me an order to see a radiologist, quick bolt down to get an x-ray. An hour after the x-ray I get a call from the Dr., yep, I fractured some radial ball in my elbow and he tells me I need to see an orthopedic surgeon. Perfect, a friend of mine is one (he told me the day after it happened to get an X-ray), so long story short, about almost 4 weeks into the fracture I was told I need to take it easy for another 3 weeks or so. If you also notice, I went snowboarding 8 days later, then I went another time after that, then we went tubing at the mountain, and if it wasn't for the X-ray and the rain were getting, I was going tomorrow on the last day of the season. So for now I'm lining stuff up for the build and cleaning and detailing all the bits I can. If you're ever out in Philly and it's warm, you can give one of my ski a rip.

I'm not just doing 2 projects, I also have a 95 XP 720 I'm supposed to build as well and want to do some stuff to my HX, I hope. All these projects are funds dependant, I need to scrap some metal to get some cash money and this rain isn't helping line my pockets.

Incredible! This is taking a build to the next level. Date coded parts? I never even thought of that on a ski. Being a car guy first, I can completely understand it as I have chased those same details many times an auto rebuilds. I seriously never even thought of going to that level on a ski. That is a serious challenge!

You are creating a museum, collector machine for sure! On a side note, Its amazing what salt water does. My RX project was in Wisconsin, but spent its early life in Florida. I didn't know it at the time, other than paint missing on the engine case, & some rust on a few things that were stainless. Being a northerner, I never even dreamed of salt water being the culprit. I was baffled on some of the corrosion on parts that normally look perfect. Then I started having heads of stainless fasteners snapping off & I knew something was up. Later, I found the scant outline of a previous dealership logo on the rear of the ski " El Jobean, Port Charlotte" gulfcoastmarinecenter.com Then It was confirmed & made sense. Nothing but Salt water in that area.......

So you have a double whammy with this machine, without question. It's awesome that you take the time to take & post pictures too. I do it sometimes, but not to this level. I can sit, read, & appreciate stuff like this anytime of any day.

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back