Tuned pipe leaking water.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker

When I took my boat out in the fall for one last run I notice some water in the engine compartment I think its coming from the tuned pipe. On the bottom feels like a frost plug that is welded in and I think its leaking there can I take the pipe off and get it welded and is this a common problem.
Also what kind of oil should I run its says use synthetic but I have heard I dont have to but I might because I want this boat to last. What kind is everyone using in there 2 strokes.
Thanks..

Hello Tucker!...

Good to see you in here with us. We're great listeners, unless your in here for a specific problem, then we don't mind chatting with you to find a solution!............Welcome to the forum.
The leak on the tuned exhaust does seem fairly common in Doo's that old. I have the 97 Challenger and mine is leaking right by where the water leaves the head and goes into the exhaust.
Because the nearest Sea-Doo dealer is about 80 miles away, I started looking for an outside oil supplier. Walmart sells the Quicksilver synthetic that comes approved by Sea-dool for the Sea-doo o.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Tucker, take the pipe off and get it welded. I only use in my 97 challenger SP-X synthetic oil from seadoo. It is brown in color and only made by seadoo. Some members use other oils for the sake of saving a couple dollars, some don't have a seadoo dealer near by, and have no choice but mail order which gets expensive. I only use what is recommended. I never foul plugs, and it will keep your engine running crisp and clean. I have like 30 hrs. on one set of plugs.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back