Trying to get the best wake out of a speedster 150

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Wait

So right now i have done my water sports of some dinghy with a 40 hp, it works but has a TERRIBLE wake. So we decided it was time to upgrade and are looking into a 2008 speedster 150 215hp (with tower). I would love to go for a older mastercraft or some other high end wakeboard boat, however we keep out boat at a yacht club and have no place to keep a large boat like that, something 21 feet is too long, which is why we like the Seadoo Speedster 150. Having it only 15 feet is easy to store.

Now i have a couple questions because if i decided to get a 150 speedster i would want to get the best possible wake out of that little thing.

Has anyone every added ballast or tried too... or even thought about adding ballast to a 150 speedster? Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations to where to put the sacs. I would love to get a decent wake to wakeboard from this boat. What does everyone think?

Also can anyone recommend any other model or brand of boat that i would have a better chance or getting a decent wake?

Thanks

The 06' + (I believe) and up Seadoo Speedster wakes have two inboard ballasts that fill and empty very quickly. If they're in your budget and you want to stick with Seadoo they would be your best bet. I've got a 98' speedster, and just have two people in back seats, I find this setup makes for a decent wake. If your short on humans you could sand bag but they'll likely have to go in the rear seats.

The only problem is i don't have space for the speedster wake because it is the 20 foot model. I only have room for the 15 foot :s
Has anyone tired of heard of putting ballast in a speedster 150, because i'm thinking of attempting it by placing a sac in the centre locker and a bag on each side of the engine.

If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it!

The 08 speedster 150 has a weight capacity of 715 lbs.... So adding a lot of water weight would probably use up all or most of your capacity. Just reading the numbers and saying it doesn't sound like the thing to do.

The 08 speedster 150 has a weight capacity of 715 lbs.... So adding a lot of water weight would probably use up all or most of your capacity. Just reading the numbers and saying it doesn't sound like the thing to do.

I have thought about that too, however on the mastercraft forums and other wakeboard boat forums people have been overloading their boats and have not had any problems. As long as i keep it within something reasonable, like going over the limit by 1000 pounds would probably cause some issues :p Also for the days when i dont have many people in the boat and im trying to wakebaord i think a ballast system would spice up the wake. Im not to concerned about having maybe 100 or 200 pounds over the limit..

however i'm not entirely sure how to go about adding ballast to such a small boat... I was thinking 2 200 pound sacs by the engine... and possibly something small in the centre locker..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back