Trouble at the Lake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Storage for a double trailer is both hard to come by and expensive.

8ft doors are really 7ft 4 inches to 7ft 6 inches.

To top it off, most double wide trailers are 8ft 4 and a 1/2 inches.

So even if the 8 ft door was really 8 foot, the trailer still couldn't fit.

I kept mine in my garage last winter and left my cars in the driveway. Nothing within two hours was under 500 dollars and or not available.

The ones here are 8ft W and 8ft high which wont fit so I need a 10x25 with a 10ft high door since my tower doesn't fold down. Those are $160 and 20 mins away, guess I shouldn't complain too much.

The ones here are 8ft W and 8ft high which wont fit so I need a 10x25 with a 10ft high door since my tower doesn't fold down. Those are $160 and 20 mins away, guess I shouldn't complain too much.

I meant 5 bills for the winter season. Not monthly.

O dam, now that really sucks for me- $160/M = $1900year. Looks like its time to start building a covered storage area. LOL

Sorry late reply to your pm,

First to reply to your PM, the 4tecs can be a bit of a pain to troubleshoot but since you have a twin engine boat and problems with one engine only we can swap parts until the error code moves to the other engine to properly isolate the problem.

First thing I would do is swap ECUs and see if the error code moves to the other engine. Can you do this a post back?

Sorry late reply to your pm,

First to reply to your PM, the 4tecs can be a bit of a pain to troubleshoot but since you have a twin engine boat and problems with one engine only we can swap parts until the error code moves to the other engine to properly isolate the problem.

First thing I would do is swap ECUs and see if the error code moves to the other engine. Can you do this a post back?

Well that could be a issue bc both engines are showing that p1202 code. The engine that had the engine light had it occur 34 times and the other engine 14 times. No other codes showed but a wrong dess key. I am trying to get some time to check the TOPS valve with the CanDoo to rule that out and look at any plugs for corrosion. Then clear the codes and take it out and see what they read when I get back home.

O dam, now that really sucks for me- $160/M = $1900year. Looks like its time to start building a covered storage area. LOL

I feel your pain. The storage place i use is 25 x 12. Im paying 140 a month. The convenience is that its 5 minutes from my house. I only used it april to the end of august. Then i moved it to a place 45 minutes away thats only 330 for the next 6 months.

Dark Grey, cut diamond. I like the molded diamond better, but its not an option for our boat.

Dark Grey, cut diamond. I like the molded diamond better, but its not an option for our boat.
Does the grey get hot in the sun? I saw a speedster with the light grey turf. It looked ok but kinda dirty/cheap looking. I think the dark is the way to go.

OK, tonight I cleared all the codes. I then activated both TOPS valves with the CanDoo and they both made a click noise and then another noise when it was de-activated. I was glad to hear them working :thumbsup:.

I would assume now the issue is a bad pressure switch. Should I buy both the top and bottom ones? Both engines were showing this code. #1 occurred 14 times and #2 -the one giving the "check engine" light occurred 34. Which one seems to give the issue more?

Does the grey get hot in the sun? I saw a speedster with the light grey turf. It looked ok but kinda dirty/cheap looking. I think the dark is the way to go.

It can get a bit hot on the feet some...if it does i just splash a little water on it or dump a bottle of water, and its fine again.

Now a Temp light

I got the plug and all 32 pins all cleaned out on the port engine and the new gasket installed. Sprayed it all with Deoxit, let it dry and put it back together. Engine starts and idles well, its not throwing any codes or lights so far. We will see once I get it out on the lake.

Attachments

• 565043_10101871183445410_459003495_n.jpg
    565043_10101871183445410_459003495_n.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1231544_10101871154693030_468181034_n.jpg
    1231544_10101871154693030_468181034_n.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found the main water leak. I was able to drive and look around the engines to find water flowing pretty good around the intake grate cable ( see pic ). I have not been able to work on it yet but it seems it is unscrewed more than the other side. How is this installed? Is the black portion with the threads suppose to be screwed in all the way? Any kind of sealant used? I have at least half and inch or more of threads showing. Water flows around the area and more when driving.

Now for the p1202 code. Cleaning the corrosion didn't fix anything, the TOPS valve works and while driving at WOT, the light came on AGAIN and dropped the engine down to 5000rpms. I can only assume 1 of the 2 or both sensors are bad. I will be replacing them this week. Do they just unscrew? Will oil flow from either of them when changing them out? I can see the one sensor with the 90* by the oil fill cap, the other is on the rear but I cant seem to locate it. Does anyone have a pic?

Attachments

• 20130908_191355.jpg
    20130908_191355.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back