Trailer Tires

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

I have to replace the tires on my jet ski trailer size 16.5x6.5x8 and had a few questions.

1) Does it make sense to order tires only and use my current rims?

2) Where is the best place to purchase tires?

3) If I retain the rims how much should a shop charge me to mount them?

i replaced mine last year and found it was cheaper to get tires including rim from harbor freight for $49. Also check walmart.

Harbor Freight only had the tires/hub with 4 lugs and I need 5. Also the rims were just whited painted metal that would get trashed in the salt water.

Try Tractor Supply, rims and wheels together are about 45.00 each, Carlisle tires. If your fenders will accommodate I would get 12" rims and tires.

Lou

I've bought tires at Bell tire and at Discount tire. I know that Kmart has tires and rims.

Agree with Lou the 12 inch are better riding tires and safer too.

I found a place on the web called "trailer tire and wheel supermarket" that has fantastic pricing for the tires that I need with new galvanized rims. Because of the fenders I can not change the tire size.

This is an excellent forum!

If you use ebay much, there is a seller called gator tuff. They have awesome deals. I got 2 wheels with tires mounted shipped to my door for $160. I bet they have your size.

What everybody here sez, walmart, harbor freight, Tractor supply,Cabelas, Bass Pro. Most of the everyday places won't have galvanized wheels though. Our Tractor Supply has a real good supply of trailer parts like springs, hubs, and axlesin addition a good selection of tires/tire-wheels. The place you found onVline that had the galvanized wheels was a good deal. Tearing down and mounting new tires on your current wheels is easy with a couple of large acres drivers. Your tire shops will not balance the wheel/tire when they mount them anyway. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back