trailer leaf springs help ...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydipps

okay i have a 1996 load rite bandit trailer with 22 inch by 1 3/4 leaf springs they are rusty they are old they are basically shot ... i cant seam to find the proper 2 leaf 22 x 1 3/4 leaf springs i can olny find 4 leaf that fit the trailer can i use these ?

The problem you will have is the load rating.Say the 2 leaf springs were 400kg springs.The 4 leafs may be 800kg springs.
What you would get is a trailer that would have springs that don't move because the weight would not compress them.It would shake the crap out of everything and maybe break something.
The guys on here will see where you live and surely tell you some place to get them locally.Give them a day or two.Being the weekend over there.I am in Oz.Hope this helps

Seadoobuddy
the boat is designed like a trawler.Forward Cab and long rear deck.The spotted gum is the type of timber it's constructed out of.It is a very dense timber and also very heavy.The draft is 40 inches and it has a single screw hooked to a 6354 Perkins.Weight is 11.5 ton.32 foot long

im actually considering 470's suggestion id imagine its going to be alot more money they buying two 21 dollar leaf springs but a buddy of mine has that set up and its a dream to drive his trailer ... im going to get a couple prices and take it from there i figure its going to be a winter project ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back