Towing tubers?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randypape

Hello I have an old 1996 GTI that runs real well and I'm looking to pull the grandkids behind it on tubes. I'm looking for any advice when it comes to securing the tow rope so it doesn't get sucked in, how many people I can have on a tube at a time with an observer and myself on the jetski , I live in Wisconsin and I looked at the boater laws and they seem vague. I know I can call the DNR tomorrow just wondering if anybody knows ahead of time. Thanks for any input and advice Randy

Well I live in alabama so it may be a little different, you mainly only want to have 1 person on the tube at a time, and you can have a spotter in addition to u as the driver. But usually if you have rear view mirrors you don't have to have a spotter. As far as the rope getting sucked in, you can attach a piece of a foam/noodle to keep the rope out of the water above the jet, otherwise just make sure the rope is clear of the jet when you crank the ski and accelerate and when you accelerate the rope will come right out of the water and the rope will be tight like normal when tubing.

Yeah, and just tie a small not or something on each to keep it in place, they also sale official ones on amazon or ebay other websites called shock tubes if you want an official real one

Ok, so simple, that's a great idea
Do you use a certain length? I read the longer the better so no issues. Thanks again.

If you tie a knot in a tow rope, you will likely NEVER get it out. And it will be slightly weaker there as well. You can by a line with the float or buy just a hard float. With a hard float, you run the line through it and then back through it, as pictured. This will keep the float in place.

277.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back