Torn boot, not sure what the underlying problem is please help!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have time this evening to take another try at it. Is it recommended to try to use some type of blade to cut/separate the silicon holding it all together?

i have used a razor but you have to be very careful...but prying should get it off it will just take a while

Alright I'll give it another go. I've never worked on a seadoo like this before so this is new. I'm a jeep guy too I have an 08 wrangler and love it. Working on them is half the fun. I really like the grands too.

I tied 3 pieces of rope evenly on the pump and used a come along against a tree to get the pump off mine. It was a pain in the ass but it will come off with force.

I started using a dremel with a nice cut off wheel to cut through the silicon. It's working out great but I ran out of time tonight and I'll have more time this weekend. Thanks everyone who's helped me thus far.

Time for an update. It's all out. The shaft looks fine, there were no shims on the pump and the dremel worked like a charm. I'm assuming all I need is a new one of these guys and a new rubber boot?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341108751.777263.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so I'm making a shopping list for replacement parts and I'm hoping I can get some confirmation on this. My plastic hull insert seems fine but this company also makes a replacement aluminum one. I plan on leaving mine in place unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Seal assembly: http://www.osdparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=2&products_id=1
Full kit: http://osdparts.com/index.php?main_...s_id=2&zenid=39be8de0f8c7cb9db3c4dae242440a31

The neoprene seal seems to be hard to find. I think this is the right one but I'm not sure.
Neoprene seal: http://www.osdparts.com/index.php?m...id=246&zenid=cbef4a0fc92c02263e4fe22244aab3d1

And protection hose if I opt to not go for the full repair kit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEADOO-PROTECTION-HOSE-ALL-587-657-717-787-BRAND-NEW-/160727767092

Would that be everything? Thanks everyone!

Yep... that's everything.

Check the fitting in the hull, where the hose clamps to. Make sure it's not cracked, or loose. If it is... just get the full kit for $66.

Thanks. Does that neoprene seal seem to be the correct size for my pump? I'd assume that I should use some silicon when reinstalling the pump but not a monster load like what was on there before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes... that's it.

They aren't hard to find, but if your ski didn't spec it originally, you just have to look up a part from a different model. I keep a few on the shelf. That gasket will fit all the 140mm pumps.

I understand now. Are the cones for the impeller the same way (for any 140mm pump) because I noticed a small crack in mine? And how tight do I make the clamps on the rubber cover for for the bearing assembly?

The rear cone? yes... they should all swap on a 140 pump.

The clamps only need to be tight enough to hold everything in place. If you make them too tight... you could split the hose. (or break the clamp)

Understood. It looks like I can change that to an anti rattle kit. Is that advisable? And from what I've read on the forum the impeller uses 75w-90 synthetic oil. I have that in Mobil1 left over from a differential fluid change can I use that in the impeller?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. The anti-rattle cones don't normally help, and I've seen the pusher actually melt, and cause issues. It's a dumb band-aid. If seadoo didn't want their pumps to rattle... they should have used loaded bearings.

Yes... any synthetic GL5 75w-90 will work in the pump. Personally, I use wal-mart brand. A quart is only around $8. Mobil is going to be $20. Regardless... you only use 3oz so a quart will last a long time.

Awesome thanks! I checked out the cone and mine actually looks fine, it was actually a deep scratch not a crack. And the plastic piece that the boot attaches to is bent on the bottom so I'm going to order the full kit. So it looks like I'll be able to get these parts and be back on the water! I'll likely have a couple more questions once I get the parts and begin reinstallation. This forum has been so helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back