Tickets, and Required Gear in Ohio.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

veggin

I recently was pulled over in caesar's creek lake in southwest Ohio. They are very strict there. I was fined $165 on one citation. I was pulling 2 friends on a tube, and you have to have an observer. My mirrors aren't enough. I talked to the guys for a while. Apparently someone has to hold on, and ride backwards on the seadoo in order to tow. It seems more dangerous to me because you can't see the wakes and it's hard to hold on. While I'm at it, I didn't have everything I'm supposed to have while riding. I'll list them here in case someone new like me does not know.
-Education card/license (anyone born after 1982)
-sound warning, whistle, blowhorn etc.
-visual warning , orange flag.
-fire extinguisher (lol)
-lifejacket of course
-Number and current reg. sticker displayed in plain sight on the outside
-Registration paper (can put in ziplock and tape to lid)
-rope (maybe)
-first aid kit is not required -_-

Growing up in Ohio I have only known it as you have listed it. They are serious a out observers,,,

I recently was pulled over in caesar's creek lake in southwest Ohio. They are very strict there. I was fined $165 on one citation. I was pulling 2 friends on a tube, and you have to have an observer. My mirrors aren't enough. I talked to the guys for a while. Apparently someone has to hold on, and ride backwards on the seadoo in order to tow. It seems more dangerous to me because you can't see the wakes and it's hard to hold on. While I'm at it, I didn't have everything I'm supposed to have while riding. I'll list them here in case someone new like me does not know.
-Education card/license (anyone born after 1982)
-sound warning, whistle, blowhorn etc.
-visual warning , orange flag.
-fire extinguisher (lol)
-lifejacket of course
-Number and current reg. sticker displayed in plain sight on the outside
-Registration paper (can put in ziplock and tape to lid)
-rope (maybe)
-first aid kit is not required -_-

Sorry to hear about your ticket. Feel free to add OHIO to my thread about jet ski laws.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthre...state-by-state&p=281145&highlight=#post281145

I spent 32 years living in Ohio and move to Michigan ( I know I know ). anywho I grew up on boats and only was asked twice in my lifetime by dnr to show lifejackets and was happy to see the kids with them on. Never asked what else I had safety equipment. You brought this on yourself not trying to be mean since they saw you towing without a spotter. In mi it is the same.

I have ordered and received laws and regulations from three departments in regards to the laws and regulations of operating Boats and PWCs within Ohio.

If you want to know something in particular, let me know and I willookol it up for you...

Back