Throttle cables and Fuel lines to fuel knobs...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My throttle cables don’t hold tension and I have to keep my hand on the throttle to maintain speed while the engines are running. One does hold better than the other. I have the shifter screws removed from the base and can look down behind the fuel on/off knobs.

I’d like to replace all of the fuel lines and see if I can regain some of the tension in the cables.

How do I remove the knobs from the hull to get at the hoses and clamps behind them and clean out?

I got the front knob part pulled off using the Phillips head small screws in the front of it inside the boat but there seems to be about a 1 inch rubber nut..??

I'm not following you on this. The fuel lines have nothing to do with the tension of the throttle cables.

You can adjust the tenstion on the levers to hold position.

Yes, there is a nut behind your fuel knob. Remove it, to remove the valve.

Sorry for the weird rambling post. We were heading out the door when I sat down to write that yesterday and I was in a rush.

I'm not thinking that the fuel lines have anything to do with the tension...it was more just that they were in the same vicinity so I figured to just fix the cables and replace the lines/valves if necessary at once.

Do you happen to know how to adjust the tension on the levers?

Also, how important are new carburetor base gaskets? I left the carbs attached to the throttle and choke cables but disconnected the oil pump cable. When I reinstall can I just use RTV/Permatex of some sort or should I order up the new gaskets?

Thanks,

Donnie

There are adjustment screws in the assembly. This picture shows the port throttle adjustment screw. You need a #3 Phillips to tighten it. I think the starboard one is in the hole above it.
20160618_132458-jpg.36524

Also, I found a seller with 3 NOS carb base gaskets still in sea-doo packaging so I went ahead and got them to be safe. I'll either buy one here locally or see how important they are to swap.

Is there a possibility that the one screw pictured adjusts the tension on both cables?
I tightened down that one screw on the photo but could not find the other screw in the upper hole.

I'm pretty sure that one is for the port throttle only which is the one that was loose on mine. I thought I read that the hole above is for the starboard. Maybe an expert will chime in soon (Dr Honda ? lol)

Is there a possibility that the one screw pictured adjusts the tension on both cables?
I tightened down that one screw on the photo but could not find the other screw in the upper hole.

It's on the other side.

Chester

Not on mind. That Phillips head screw goes all the way through. Or the head is broken off and those are 2 short large Phillips head screws that butt up against one another?

My mistake, the other side is for the shifter, not the throttle. The one you are looking for is above the top hole in the picture. It's covered up by the trim piece. All this information is in the manual.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back