Thought on 2012 Sea Doo Speedster 150 HO?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdeblasi

Is this a good boat? I don't know anything about them, but I'm now trying to decide between a boat or a PWC and noticed this one for $23,000. I've inquired about the hours and history report with the dealer and will post any additional information I receive. Curious what to watch out for, what breaks, how much gas it'll use, etc. Any information is appreciated.

This is the link to it: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2012-Sea-Doo-150-Speedster-HO-101702811

Also, the largest boat I can fit in my garage is around 15' so if you have any other recommendations please take that into consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
My jet skis are JUST under 12 foot long, but my trailer is 18 feet long. So, if you can fit 15 feet, does this include the length of the trailer?

The price seems to be fair based on others that I have seen. I personally would buy two later model jet skis for that kind of money. I own a GTX and an RXT-X. I LOVE having two skis. Part of your thought process would have to do with how many in yur family and the age of kids if you have them.

I have this exact boat and live in Orlando. I use it in fresh water as well as salt. I love it and I am on it all the time.

If you keep it clean and do the maintenance on it then I am sure that it will give you very little problems. I store mine in the garage too and that helps keep in clean.

That price seems high even if it is brand new. The fact is that it is still a 2012 and it is 3 years old.

I used to ride a Waverunner and bought this boat for more storage and still like that it is quick like a PWC. It still only holds 4 people so make sure that will work for you and what you are looking for. You can use it on the ocean and it can take a wave over the bow and still be fine even with water inside the boat. I wouldn't use it for jumping waves at Sebastian inlet or anything though.

I have not had much break but there is always something that needs attention. etc...trailer lights, bimini adjustments, loose bolts or screws. You just have to stay up on it.

I have this exact boat and live in Orlando. I use it in fresh water as well as salt. I love it and I am on it all the time.

If you keep it clean and do the maintenance on it then I am sure that it will give you very little problems. I store mine in the garage too and that helps keep in clean.

That price seems high even if it is brand new. The fact is that it is still a 2012 and it is 3 years old.

I used to ride a Waverunner and bought this boat for more storage and still like that it is quick like a PWC. It still only holds 4 people so make sure that will work for you and what you are looking for. You can use it on the ocean and it can take a wave over the bow and still be fine even with water inside the boat. I wouldn't use it for jumping waves at Sebastian inlet or anything though.

I have not had much break but there is always something that needs attention. etc...trailer lights, bimini adjustments, loose bolts or screws. You just have to stay up on it.

I'd be surprised if it's actually new and that isn't a mistake lol Hopefully they'd lower the price quite a bit. Is it decent for towing and fishing?

How wide is the boat exactly? I'm curious if I could still fit a car in the garage with it lol

Google search for a specs sheet is saying 7 feet on the trailer.

My garage door is roughly 15' and wall to wall around 17', so I imagine it'd be tight, but would be possible if I rearranged some things and threw some things away. Hmmm lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be surprised if it's actually new and that isn't a mistake lol Hopefully they'd lower the price quite a bit. Is it decent for towing and fishing?

How wide is the boat exactly? I'm curious if I could still fit a car in the garage with it lol

Google search for a specs sheet is saying 7 feet on the trailer.

My garage door is roughly 15' and wall to wall around 17', so I imagine it'd be tight, but would be possible if I rearranged some things and threw some things away. Hmmm lol

You might be able to get another car in there. I have a work bench and shelves so I wouldn't be able to. The trailer width IS in fact 7'

It has a ski pole and it is good for water skiing off the back. Some people have talked about the pole bending when pulling too much weight with people on a tube. I have not had any problems with it, but I wouldn't tow two people or anything. You can fish off of it but it really isn't a fishing boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back