The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered one off ebay at the beginning of the week. i didn't like the open wire look. sponsons are next, the X4 is squarely compared to the new models.

I replicated Tracker sponsons from back in the day. They're 100% brand new and come with everything you need. They're $125 shipped in the lower 48 but will ship anywhere. I have them listed in the parts for sale section if you're interested.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=76358

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuetels, I'm running the racerxxx sponsons. They are top notch and made a huge difference in the handling of my ski. Highly recommend

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

I found a good deal on a 95 XP with a WestCoast Head, 165psi on both cylinders and a WestCoast pump intake. I have a the 787 in my XP and I love it. From what I've read everyone says not to buy the 717 x4s but Is there that big of a difference between the two motors? Any opinions on the west coast parts?

Well there is the 25hp difference lol

I understand the power difference, but it's the same hulls and a bit lighter from what I gather. I will be test riding it today and I know I would rather have the extra power, but I just wanted to know if anyone with experience riding both could let me know. Is it sluggish? Is it boring to ride?

Heck no it's not boring to ride. A 95XP is a wonderful ski. It is lighter and goes a lot further on a tank of fuel. The Westcoast parts you mentioned should complement the ski and have it still remain pump gas friendly. Let us know how you liked the ride.

I have a 95XP and can vouch for the entertainment aspect of it.. Super fun, when it runs right. Overhauling the fuel system for mine because I didn't change out those gray tempo fuel lines soon enough.

Can you feel a difference with just having the Westcoast head over all stock? Also the 96 spx is the same as the 95 xp right?

With just my Buckshot head and jet-kit , I can definitely tell an increase in overall throttle response and acceleration.

Well I tested it on the water today and I was not happy with it so I didn't get it. It could just be that ski but it did not accelerate very well and just had a rough feel to it. I'm sure there are several factors with an old ski with old parts like wear ring, prop, etc... I'll just keep looking for another clean x4 like my 96 XP. Thanks for the replies.

I've ran quite a few grates and the worx was best all around for riding medium chop to me. I have one of those Solas grate that AdamA96XP recommended but I've never used it. Looks similar to the umi and r&d grates though

It works great for me. Hooks up well in chop but doesn't shave much off top end. Great for wake jumping

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

I usually ride in chop and want to jump it. Solas is cheap so i'll try it out. I'm sure anything is better than the stock thats on it now. thanks for the replies. I know there are tons of intake grate questions

I've been snooping around the forum for a few weeks now and have already asked for help but i thought I should formally say hi. this is my 96XP (my first jet ski). I bought it with flame arrestors on it, a SBT top end, hydroturf mat, hydroturf seat cover, and handlebars. So far i've cleaned the carbs, replaced fuel line, and rebuilt starter. I spent about 4 hours yesterday going through this thread and I don't think I should have. there is so much I want to do now. ( i think i found my new addiction, you can see my old one towing the XP)

I think one of the first things i plan on doing is an intake grate and putting a single gauge hood on it (saw the post in this thread and I totally dig the look. Plus only one of my three gauges work anyways lol)

here are some pics:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back