The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Thread! Looking forward to reading through everything eventually.... it will take some time.

Just picked up two 96 XPS which do not have keys (theft recoveries), but price was decent at $700 for both. 148/149 compression on the first ski. Haven't tested #2 yet. Faded and dirty but cleaned up pretty well with just a power wash so far!

298.jpg

299.jpg

i have a 96 with a lot done to it, just scored a clean, all stock 97 spx this weekend for 800 with trailer and my brother drove his ass off down to TN for this custom 96 xp. he got it for $1250, has sponsons, api pipe, splash guard, hump seat, paint, tach, umi bars, umi switch housing/throttle, ecwi, shaved head, pro k's, primer kit, RD nozzles, etc.

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a 96 with a lot done to it, just scored a clean, all stock 97 spx this weekend for 800 with trailer and my brother drove his ass off down to TN for this custom 96 xp. he got it for $1250, has sponsons, api pipe, splash guard, hump seat, paint, tach, umi bars, umi switch housing/throttle, ecwi, shaved head, pro k's, primer kit, RD nozzles, etc.

2.jpg
I had been watching that thing for months, tho the last time I talked to him he wanted 2500 hundred tho

i almost drove down there last month with an agreement of 1300 but something came up the weekend i was supposed to go down there and it fell through. glad my brother was able to get a good deal on it.

Hey all, a question. Back in the day we used to remove the water box and replace it with a "resonator" on our mod boats. I absolutely LOVE that sound, and wonder if anyone still makes something like this for our boats and would it help performance? They used to be a nice difference back then due to being a straight through design vs the internal corner in the typical water box design.

Thanks!

There is not a noticeable or significant gain with one of those aftermarket water boxes. The big move today is just like the dirt bikes in that loud pipes kill riding. I loud bike or ski will get the attention of the people that are already trying to ban skis and bikes so don't give them any ammo. Keep the skis as quiet as stock.

Ive been looking into waterboxes as well. Anyone have any aftermarket ones for sale? TDR etc...

I found an old thread where some guys used to just replace it with a piece of mandrel bent pipe... these things must be so loud lol

Rob

The state of Minnesota actually went so far as to make it illegal to operate or sell a PWC with a modified exhaust. :facepalm:

LAME, while I do find the noise annoying myself, I don't believe in making rules against it. The wildlife cops have enough to get you on as is.

I've seen many threads out there that talk about gutting the water box, both for sound and for performance. Just cut one end off, gut it, and have some weld shop weld it back together. I don't think it'd cost much at all.

I have a TDR on my 96Xp. It's louder than stock for sure, but by throwing a bit more water at it you can quiet it down nicely.

Post some riding vids yo!
Is it the baffled or power spray model?

Rob
Honestly i bought it from brailey and he did not know and neither doI by looking at it lol
IT does have some sort of a "baffle" inside but not sure how the power spray looks.

Only vid I currently have is from last season before the motor let go, it was showing the rooster tail achievable with a pump wedge and a modified VTS. Since the ski is ready again ill get some more vids this summer. Should have took one from last weekend:facepalm:

You can see it in this pic but there is no noticeable markings letting you know what model it is.

11425408_10154157823198475_8169622740031435506_n.jpgh.jpg

I've been working on this for the past month. When you think you have it where you want it, there's always something else you need. my wife thinks it's like my Jeep problem Just Empty Every Pocket.

I like that green. It's good to see different colors and layouts people come up with. Empty that pocket a little more though and get yourself a billet button holder for those bars. Not just because it sticks out by not keeping up with the rest of the build, but because it creates a place that can hurt you when you rag doll yourself off it. I see it all the time.....without the handle bar pad there it's a sharp scoop pointed at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back