The X4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also need to know if y'all think this impeller shaft is good enough to put a carrier bearing seal on it or not? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372200412.108462.jpg
What do y'all suggest I do about the pump shims? They look pretty rough and I don't even know if they are in the right spot or not?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372200481.484275.jpg
Those three were on the top right pump stud and there are 3 on the bottom right stud.

thanks racerxxx, i was like, damn, that looks just like my ski!! oh it is my ski!! its scratch/fade free, i wanted to strip the stickers but having a hard time bringing myself to doing it, im gonna do the fuel lines for now and wait till winter to decide what to do to it

That thing is way to fresh to dismantle cosmetically.

Yeahhhh don't rape that thing of it's sexiness.

Thanks Gents!

Yeah, that's way to clean to rip them off of. If you're dead set on it, I'll gut my 96 I just finished and trade you my empty hull for your empty hull. I'm 4 hours from Syracruse. I'll meet you half way.

I'm thinking about having my head milled to run high octane pump gas. Who do you guys recommend sending it to? Am I pissing in the wind since my ski is completely stock under the seat? Will I need to rejet? I'm just looking for some extra snap down low and in the middle with the XO.

I'm no expert, but if you haven't already replaced the stock intake with flame arrestors and prefilters and re-tuned I'd go that route first before going into the engine's internals, even if its only the top-end. That should get you a little more low end pull and throttle response just from the freer intake.
After that you could modify the water injection system by using a hard-jet instead of the stock water valve, more of a mid-range gain.
oh yeah! get an MSD enhancer, gives you more spark = more power, and lets you change the rev limit.
But everything you do to modify how your engine runs to make more power would require you to re-tune and possibly re-jet.

Putty knife and have fun!

I believe I have succesfully fixed a water regulator. The little plastic piece kept popping up out of the bottom housing and as you can imagine water would go everywhere and my ski would run like crap! I took this two part plastic weld glue my buddy had and put a small amount around that upper ring. I then put the washer and the plastic piece back in the base and let it dry over night. I put it all back together and ran my ski today. I was getting 6800 rpm consitantly and 56.7 mph with a JD grate and a XO. My ski is bone stock other than those mods and it was around 95 with real bad KY humidity today.

Attachments

• regulator.JPG
    regulator.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 22
ain't this a crazy pic ?

xp next to rxp...

(i think the R stands for REALLY BIG)

1044307_10100630077446917_1875400956_n.jpg

What you have to do if you are as hard core as me...lol is take the box out, take the rubber strap off and replace it with a snowboard binding strap. It adjusts to the AGMs, yet still works for a regular battery.

Ive shattered 2 batteries and about 5 boxes before I did the mod. No issues after.

great idea.... today I just strapped the battery down with hvac hd zip ties (the kind you use a tool to tighten) I ride hard in choppy water but Minnetonka I don't jump as high as you do (I've seen your videos last year)

Scott

Plop a 951 in there with some light mods and that XP will out run the RXPX. Talk about tired!
I just shook on one tonight. I had a 96XP with a 951 and sold it. Now I had a Speedster he wants worse so we traded. I was only at 61 with it so far but a guy down by Spim has one and knows how to get me to 67-68.

Properly tuned I know for a fact a 951 with a white pipe, bumped compression, timing adjusted and a 155 pump will do over 70 and get there quickly. It really has to be set up just right though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I just shook on one tonight. I had a 96XP with a 951 and sold it. Now I had a Speedster he wants worse so we traded. I was only at 61 with it so far but a guy down by Spim has one and knows how to get me to 67-68.

or maybe I just have a devious plan to let you tune it up to the next level, then put it back on the block again!!!

Yes I can see that happening Gary. But It seems like all engine mods are OK for the future of X4 racing so who knows.

Stunnerable- I've heard of 70mph X4's but believe that only The Wayniac and a few others are actually doing it. First I've got to see that the handling of this beast gets sorted. Gary has done a series of tasty improvements also.

wayniac can get you to 70... he has more experience with the ragged edge IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back