The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my X4 out for the first time this year today. Oh how i've missed that kick in the pants accleration! Was also my first time out with the full UMI setup and a XO. The XO feels stout out of the hole and is holeshotting my buddies 04 RXP slightly. My MPH was 55.7 which is down from the stocker or the modified stock impeller that was in it. Don't know if it was a impros job or what. That was upstream on a river with some current. I'm going to wait until I put it on the lake before I think about changing back to by original impeller.

I need to adjust the steering on the UMI. I could turn hard left but turning right not so much. Kinda scary on a narrow river. :thumbsup:

I was under the impression the xo gives you more top end as well over the stocker. Do you have a stock exit nozzle or R&D? I put a R&D on my xp my stock with prok's and worx grate was 56.2 in saltwater. I'll have to get a update with the r&D 85/88 and 5 deg tabs. I can tell you the buttdyno says its faster both acceleration and top end. I think the r&D is supposed to just increase top end though. Tabs keep things in control in the choppy Barnegat bay in nj..

Scott

Getting excited to ride this wild beast! Mods when purchased, R/D 85/88 nozzle, aftermarket prop (unknown), Miller Head 43cc domes, Factory Spec 1 pipe(not exactly sure forget), adjustable water injection, UMI Steering and Bars, original Jet Trim seat. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. And a brand new motor bottom up.

Although I haven't ridden it yet, I have already started modding it more, I've added a 98 SPX Waterbox(not in pictures), and an RFI Pump. I also plan on using a 98 SPX Fuel Pick-Up. I am debating on using the bigger fuel tank, it will mostly be a rec ski, in the great lakes, and in the Muskokas.

the motor has to come out to add the big tank, so what I would suggest, is locate the big tank (and baffle) and throw it in the garage until the time comes when the motor has to be removed, then install it.

otherwise... nice ski ! give the inside a little bath and your ready !

The motor is still out from being freshly rebuilt, too many other hobbies and higher priority projects. So I figured i should do it now. Can you tell me what boats have the correct tank?

The motor is still out from being freshly rebuilt, too many other hobbies and higher priority projects. So I figured i should do it now. Can you tell me what boats have the correct tank?

the 12 gallon tank fits....thats the one I put in... don't quote me on this list... its posted somewhere on this thread, like 50 pages ago...
but i "think" its the 96-97 gts. and maybe he 95 gtx, 96 gti I think nick would know the complete list, since he sold me mine... when I got mine I just told him what I wanted and he sent it so I trusted his opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take the old fabric off and pull all the old staples out. I use T50 stainless, but only because that's the most common one I could find. I always want to be able to jump in my car and get replacements anywhere. 3/8" should do you just fine

Did you use a standard t50 hand stapler? I cant seem to find an air stapler for T50's.

There are many threads on recovering seats, if you do a simple search on here you will find your answers. Harbor freight has the air stapler you need for around $20. I myself have posted the info with pictures multiple times in resto threads. I know I have the link to the air stapler in my 98 spx resto thread.

I've read a few how to threads but did not see the air stapler listed. I'm not asking how to do it. I am just asking peoples opinions with covering the stock cover or bare seat as I've heard people doing both. I figured best place to ask is a mass thread dedicated to X4. Sorry if I offended you. I will look through your threads and try and find the stapler.

air... a hand stapler won't fire thru the hard plastic.

i think they have them at HF... but don't quote me on that, or home depot.

Thanks I home depot has one I can order. It is listed as a fine wire stapler. Not being a stapler aficionado i didn't realize that is what that entailed. I appreciate the reply.

Picked one up at HF for $16, sale plus coupon...

Did two seats last week. Worked great with air pressure set@90lbs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I would suggest making sure whatever you get lists T50

The first one I picked up (narrow crown) was handy attaching carpet to my work stands... but no short stainless available.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Getting excited to ride this wild beast! Mods when purchased, R/D 85/88 nozzle, aftermarket prop (unknown), Miller Head 43cc domes, Factory Spec 1 pipe(not exactly sure forget), adjustable water injection, UMI Steering and Bars, original Jet Trim seat. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. And a brand new motor bottom up.

Although I haven't ridden it yet, I have already started modding it more, I've added a 98 SPX Waterbox(not in pictures), and an RFI Pump. I also plan on using a 98 SPX Fuel Pick-Up. I am debating on using the bigger fuel tank, it will mostly be a rec ski, in the great lakes, and in the Muskokas.

Definitely a spec 2 pipe hope your using some sort of race gas or race gas mix.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

You did not offend me at all. No need to get defensive I was just trying to point you in the right direction.

Here is a link for the hf stapler.

Home depot has stainless steel staples but monel are better but cost more of course.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-gauge-wide-crown-stapler-68029.html

277.jpg

You did not offend me at all. No need to get defensive I was just trying to point you in the right direction.

Here is a link for the hf stapler.

Home depot has stainless steel staples but monel are better but cost more of course.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-gauge-wide-crown-stapler-68029.html

No hard feelings at all! was just explaining myself. I appreciate the info and ordered one from HF earlier, Gary13 sent me the link. Definitely went with Monel staples also, was surprised at the cost though! Should have plenty left to redo my Bunks once shes in the water. Thanks again!

It's a work in progress. Those pictures are from the day I got it. The lines will be changed. The head is off in the picture because it was blown up. I know it needs a mix of AV gas. I can buy it at the local airport.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression the xo gives you more top end as well over the stocker. Do you have a stock exit nozzle or R&D? I put a R&D on my xp my stock with prok's and worx grate was 56.2 in saltwater. I'll have to get a update with the r&D 85/88 and 5 deg tabs. I can tell you the buttdyno says its faster both acceleration and top end. I think the r&D is supposed to just increase top end though. Tabs keep things in control in the choppy Barnegat bay in nj..

Scott

My pump and ski is bone stock other than the XO and a JD grate. I was getting 56.3 consistent with the tweaked stock impeller. I was looking of a set of nozzles, but couldn't find a set and basically said hell with it just ride the damn ski! The only reason I got the XO is because my buddy had it and it was a smoking deal. According to the butt dyno it feels hotter, but I won't know till its on the lake in calm water.

When you go back to stock from the XO let us know how it runs.I'm running the XO as well, had to put a new engine in last year and just haven't changed it back to stock to see if there is much of a difference.

Please report back your findings when you put it on the lake. I take it the holeshot is noticeably better than the stocker?

Ok I got it on the lake today and for sure by the buttdyno it has a tad more power out of the hole. Now on top end last year I could only get 56.3 mph consistently. I hit 57.1 one time in early October when it was cool out. Today I got 58.1 with the XO and it was around 80 degrees. That was at 6800 rpm and I've got a JD grate, beach house tabs, and sponsons. The XO did drop about 50 rpm vs the stock. In conclusion the XO was a good upgrade on a stock ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back