The X4 Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
That ski is worth more than $1750. Maybe not to a guy that doesn't care it's a rare 99 SPX that is minty clean, but there is a market of buyers who care about those things an recognize it's value.

I sold a mint 95 XP800 with heavy mods for $6k probably 5 years ago. I have also been offered $3k for my resto 95XP800 on two occasions. His asking price isn't far off, just to you cheap assess lol :)
Also as we talked today X4s around here rarely come up, yet alone in good condition. The market here it's worth it, the market in Fl likely couldn't get that price.

That ski is worth more than $1750. Maybe not to a guy that doesn't care it's a rare 99 SPX that is minty clean, but there is a market of buyers who care about those things an recognize it's value.

I sold a mint 95 XP800 with heavy mods for $6k probably 5 years ago. I have also been offered $3k for my resto 95XP800 on two occasions. His asking price isn't far off, just to you cheap assess lol :)

100% Agree with this. This is a harder to find X4 so you gotta pay to play. On top of that, its hard to find a nice x4 on a trailer for 1750 its usually 2200-2600

yeah the rest of us don't generally have to deal with salt, so that always tends to add some to the price as it isn't going to be a mofo to try to take apart/work on.

How do you like the pump extension [MENTION=59515]suke[/MENTION]
Due to a series of unfortunate events I've yet to try it out. Grommets should be here tomorrow, but I'm heading out of town for a week. So doubt I'll get to try it out until after I get back. Ugh! Planning to head up to Mpowers when I get back so need to have it all sorted by then so I can actually ride. Hah!

Well, it has a recess for tabs, but never had tabs.

Attachments

• 20170614_073212_resized_2.jpg
    20170614_073212_resized_2.jpg
    976.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 20170614_073227_resized_2.jpg
    20170614_073227_resized_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Interesting. Looks like an X4 to me though. Seems like the nose would fly up constantly, I guess not with only half the HP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, we will see this weekend. I bought this, a blown-up '98 GSXL, and a nice tandem trailer, with all good paper, for $800 a couple weeks ago. The SP ran, but still had grey lines, so I am changing all the lines and cleaning carbs now.

Few shots from yesterday. I absolutely love how this ski turned out.

It is completely spot on too, Matt did an amazing job on the carbs and helping me piece everything together.

Saw a guy on a stock 98 SPX that was super clean. Told him I'd buy it no questions asked and gave him my number. I guess he is looking into going with a 4 stroke. Maybe I can add that after the season is over!

Just need a UMI steering setup now...
279.jpg
280.jpg
281.jpg
282.jpg

Yup he's been bit and is just ate up with it. I know he scored a cool carbon fiber ski the other day. He has some stuff on ebay but nothing going cheap, don't blame him.

Here are some of my x4's

Yup he's been bit and is just ate up with it. I know he scored a cool carbon fiber ski the other day. He has some stuff on ebay but nothing going cheap, don't blame him.

yup it all makes sense now....he has a ton of them up on local craigslist all the time. Perfect condition and great skis. I just wanted a runner I can have some fun with and refresh myself

00f0f_4FDoBB8kjtL_1200x900.jpg

So I have the opportunity to pick this up for $1200 with the trailer. Seems like a solid deal as long as compression checks out. (I also assume will need to replace grey lines, and fix vts like any other one but thats easy)

Thoughts?

View attachment 40437

So I have the opportunity to pick this up for $1200 with the trailer. Seems like a solid deal as long as compression checks out. (I also assume will need to replace grey lines, and fix vts like any other one but thats easy)

Thoughts?
Looks clean, I like it. You might get your neighbors mail though with those registration numbers, lol. Hopefully it all checks out for you

It looks like a very clean example with low use judging by the one pic. If everything checks out then 1200 would be a steal.

So, I ended up getting it!

I was in shock. Stickers are in great shape, perfect compression, wear ring is good, vts works, and gauges all work and are in perfect shape. So I was thinking great restore job!

Then he pulled out the paperwork. Original owner from when it was new!

I think I got a killer deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back