The Seadoo Carb Rebuild Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a Venom rebuild kit with needle and seats as well as gaskets I included?
Is this a reliable brand

Do these fuel lines need replaced?
They look like vent lines and I am in process of changing old fuel lines out

Attachments

• 8B0ECD0D-1605-4DB4-95A4-0139781CE319.jpeg
    8B0ECD0D-1605-4DB4-95A4-0139781CE319.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
When replacing the fuel lines to the carbs, I have the grey fuel lines.
Do I replace ALL grey fuel lines?
Even the fuel vent lines as well as the fuel lines going to the shut off and reserve switch (valve)?

You don't need to replace the vent lines or the little accelerator pump lines if your ski has an accelerator pump.

Ok, so basically just the fuel lines going to carbs and lines on carbs?
Also I removed the fuel cap and filter and it had sludge on bottom of cap and in filter.
Should I flush fuel system?
I bought it in fall and it has 1/2 tank.

Yes the lines on the carbs too except the pulse line going to the crankcase.
Yes I would flush the fuel system. and clean out the tank.

Well I hope that won’t hurt anything, I changed the pulse line out already.
I will leave the vent lines and change the remaining left going to the shut off valve.

So sorry for this, so looks like 1 vent line going into this unit.
1 going to carb I changed to the new black line.
The 2 going to the shut off valve should be changed as well?

Attachments

• 12923C61-A38D-4BAC-BF66-6388EBDC6468.jpeg
    12923C61-A38D-4BAC-BF66-6388EBDC6468.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
There is only 1 vent line out of the tank and that can be left gray. All other lines need to be replaced.

I hope you are replacing that fuel valve as there is a lot of corrosion on it.

Hello my friends.
I'm translating your tutorial in French,
I will make the translation available to the forum if you want
Without forgetting to give the name of the creator and the link to this thread of course ! :D

You don't need to replace the vent lines or the little accelerator pump lines if your ski has an accelerator pump.
Good morning and happy Labor Day weekend.
I did my rebuild as well as new fuel lines.
I did a start up and machine running at like full throttle? Only will reduce if I pull choke?
Not sure why I did follow all the correct steps.

I did a start up and machine running at like full throttle? Only will reduce if I pull choke?
air leak somewhere probably, did you install new carb base gaskets? whats the idle screw set too, etc etc.

Either air leaks from carb base gaskets or the throttle or oil cables are too tight.

And inside is just an o-ring seal and another filter that on this ski was plugged also.View attachment 34561

Now on to the cleaning....
I like to get all the parts laid out and ready to go and throw away all the old parts that will not be reused.
View attachment 34587
This is what I threw away but be aware if you use the OSD kit you will need to reuse the spring arm, large o-ring and shaped o-ring, the rest can go in the round bin.
View attachment 34588

For the rust on this one I used a pick and a small brass wire brush and just take your time and scrub and use the brake cleaner. I didn't take a lot of pictures of this but make sure all parts are clean and blown out with air. The rusted screws and retaining plates were cleaned with the brass wire brush.

View attachment 34589
Notice the gloves now? The brake parts cleaner is very harsh on skin.
Here you can see the main jet was plugged, if the brake cleaner will not get it clean pluck a wire from your wire brush and use it to get it clear then more brake cleaner. DO NOT use a drill, welding torch cleaner or file or you will change the flow of the jet.
View attachment 34590
Nice and clean.
View attachment 34591
You can see the pilot is plugged too. This ski would have never run like this.
View attachment 34592
And clean too.

Next is one of the most important parts of cleaning the carb. In the pilot circuit there are three small hols and one large hole that meter fuel into the carb at idle and just off idle and it is typically the three small ones that get plugged. This will cause a poor idle and a stumble or hesitation off idle when you start getting into the throttle.
View attachment 34593
This is looking into the carb from the bottom with the butterfly held open.

View attachment 34598
Here you can see the cleaner starting to flow out of the large hole at the 10:00 position and a small stream out of the three small holes at the 11:00 position just below the "8" stamping. IF you don't get any flow put the low speed adjuster screw back in about 1 full turn once the threads catch.

View attachment 34595
Now we have a good strong flow out of all four holes. Now remove the low speed screw and blow everything out with air.

Where are you spraying into to check? Is the high speed screw supposed to be in at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back