The Seadoo Carb Rebuild Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving space for final connections.

Post away and ask questions or comments now....
Absolutely terrific demonstration! One question- is there an easy way to get to the carburetor on a 95XP? I’ve done everything else on it except the carb. Bought it used took it out twice and then I knew there was some sort of fuel issue. Replaced the pump because that was the easiest but didn’t fix my problem. I figured all of the other stuff out by watching videos so I can do it just curious if there’s any tricks that come with experience? Thanks!

Absolutely terrific demonstration! One question- is there an easy way to get to the carburetor on a 95XP? I’ve done everything else on it except the carb. Bought it used took it out twice and then I knew there was some sort of fuel issue. Replaced the pump because that was the easiest but didn’t fix my problem. I figured all of the other stuff out by watching videos so I can do it just curious if there’s any tricks that come with experience? Thanks!

It’s pretty easy, pull the air cleaner box and the carbs and pretty exposed. You really need to do the carbs before you ruin the engine running it lean.

I just bought a 2001 GTX last fall, i took it out 1 time and was told it needed carb work.
Sputters when throttling up but sputtering stops when you punch it.
Can a can of Sea Foam take care of this?
Also it has grey fuel lines, I bought the new fuel line kit with black fuel lines, is this necessary?

Another question, sorry but I am a rookie with the waverunners.
When I let off the throttle Seadoo stalls? I was thinking if sputtering get fixed that would fix that problem?

I just bought a 2001 GTX last fall, i took it out 1 time and was told it needed carb work.
Sputters when throttling up but sputtering stops when you punch it.
Can a can of Sea Foam take care of this?
Also it has grey fuel lines, I bought the new fuel line kit with black fuel lines, is this necessary?
Absolutely no SeaFoam.
You need to rebuild the carbs and fuel system correctly.

OK, NO Seafoam got it and thanks again.
I was told after rebuild of the CARBS they need to be sync together?
Does this make sense?
I can do a rebuild kit no issues but do not know about sync twin carbs together..

OK, NO Seafoam got it and thanks again.
I was told after rebuild of the CARBS they need to be sync together?
Does this make sense?
I can do a rebuild kit no issues but do not know about sync twin carbs together..
Yes, once they are installed and the idle screw backed out you can snap them closed and with your head over them you can hear which one closes first. Just keep doing it and adjusting until you can't hear a difference. Then reset the idle screw.

Yes, once they are installed and the idle screw backed out you can snap them closed and with your head over them you can hear which one closes first. Just keep doing it and adjusting until you can't hear a difference. Then reset the idle screw.
Dang I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean by snap them closed?
I apologize I am not familualar with twin carbs yet.

Dang I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean by snap them closed?
I apologize I am not familualar with twin carbs yet.
Open them and let them snap shut, you will be able to hear which one is closing first with a little practice.

Awesome post Miki,

This post is making me do my GTX twin carbs myself. Well done, I am excited to get started.
So I will be ordereing:
MK-BN46I - I guess I need to because only 1 comes in package even though it says twin carb.
Needle and Seats - not sure of P/N yet
Carb to Manifold gaskets - Not sure of P/N yet
Pop off Springs? - check manufacture P/N's?

I have the fuel Kit already

Wish me luck

Awesome write up!

I am rebuilding carbs 1997 Challenger 1800. Here is a picture of the old gasket, I think someone used the wrong one.

I noticed the gaskets to mount to motor have different rubber gaskets. I'm not sure why they include these?

I am adding pictures can you tell me if I am installing them in the right order.

Thank you!

Attachments

• carb5.jpg
    carb5.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 54
  • carb4.jpg
    carb4.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 42
  • carb3.jpg
    carb3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 41
  • carb2.jpg
    carb2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 38
  • carb1.jpg
    carb1.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 41
  • carbs.jpg
    carbs.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 35
  • carb6.jpg
    carb6.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 34
  • carb7.jpg
    carb7.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 35
  • carb8.jpg
    carb8.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 51
Awesome write up!

I am rebuilding carbs 1997 Challenger 1800. Here is a picture of the old gasket, I think someone used the wrong one.

I noticed the gaskets to mount to motor have different rubber gaskets. I'm not sure why they include these?

I am adding pictures can you tell me if I am installing them in the right order.

Thank you!
The kits come with two different black rubber sheet seals and one is correct and one isn't depending on your application. Only use the one that fits your carb and throw the other one out.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the carbs on 2 1998 GS Sea Doos and I missed the post here that said do not remove the hoses to the Accelerator Pump unless they are cut. I already removed them and need to replace them because I cut them to get them off. Why is it recommended to not remove those hoses and is there some sort of priming that I will need to do because I did? Also, does anyone know if that is some sort of special hose or will regular fuel hose work? The hoses I removed had a red stripe along the lengths of them.
Thanks!

I'm in the process of rebuilding the carbs on 2 1998 GS Sea Doos and I missed the post here that said do not remove the hoses to the Accelerator Pump unless they are cut. I already removed them and need to replace them because I cut them to get them off. Why is it recommended to not remove those hoses and is there some sort of priming that I will need to do because I did? Also, does anyone know if that is some sort of special hose or will regular fuel hose work? The hoses I removed had a red stripe along the lengths of them.
Thanks!
They don't go bad so no reason th replace them.

You have to make sure you get the little brass restrictor jet out of the line from the lower carb to pump and reuse it.
I would suggest tygon line from a mower shop just like you are going to need for the oil injection lines.

They don't go bad so no reason th replace them.

You have to make sure you get the little brass restrictor jet out of the line from the lower carb to pump and reuse it.
I would suggest tygon line from a mower shop just like you are going to need for the oil injection lines.
Thanks, I would have missed that jet!

A lot of people do then wonder why the accelerator pump doesn't work.
I found it. It has a large opening on one end and a smaller opening on the other. If I looked at my dissection of the hose right, it looks like the jet went near the fitting on the carburetor itself (not the fitting on the pump) and the larger hole on the jet was facing the carburetor fitting. Does that sound right?

Last edited:
The kits come with two different black rubber sheet seals and one is correct and one isn't depending on your application. Only use the one that fits your carb and throw the other one out.
Do I use the rubber sheet in both carbs? I know which one is not the right one. Not sure where I got two of the right ones.

Looking for help pulling carbs.
Does this need to be removed first?

Attachments

• E544234F-EA03-41EC-987B-B3BB382C6EF7.jpeg
    E544234F-EA03-41EC-987B-B3BB382C6EF7.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 62
this thread is awesome. really helped me rebuild it. i did a pop off test but it was popping at 20 psi, so i ordered the correct spring for it, should be right when it comes in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back