The Sea-Doo PWC Poppy Cover Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
458.jpg

Awesome cover!!!!! The zipper for the fuel cap is a nice touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi guys im a newby but I just wanted to add my opinion. as a marine canvas upholsterer ive used a lot of surlast canvas for dealers who want to save a few buck over sunbrella canvas both made my the same company surlast is a great lightweight canvas. '
I going to make a new cover for my newly purchased gti and id use surlast but ive probably got enough leftover in the shop of sunbrella cant beat popys prices either for a quality product

I ordered a cover for my X4 Friday morning and low and behold it arrived via USPS today! Awesome product and amazing ship time. I had emails from Terri within less than two hours that the product had departed. That's amazing.

The product looks great and is the nicest aftermarket cover I've seen. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another or even replace my OEM cover on my GSi.

new poppy cover

just received my poppy cover, excellent quality and fits like a glove!

Attachments

• P6200204.JPG
    P6200204.JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 111
  • P6200205.JPG
    P6200205.JPG
    477.7 KB · Views: 110
I'm looking at ordering 2 Poppy covers for my '96 & '97 GSX's. They sit out in the weather all summer. With the OEM covers I have, moisture gets through and develops mildew. Is that a problem with the Poppy covers also or because they are more breathable than the OEM covers does any moisture quickly dry up and doesn't develop mildew?

Also, any input on color selection is welcome. My models come in Red/black or charcoal/light gray. I was thinking the red/black would look good with the red '97 ski (same as in the ad) and that the light gray would show dirt much more. But, the red/black might not look so great on the blue '96 gsx. Obviously I want both covers the same color, so what do you guys think? Color choices are here http://poppycompany.com/Cover_2005.htm

Jake, I went with the gray/green one for the GTX (see profile). I think I bought it late Summer of 2011 and it sits outside all Summer. Last fall was the first time I washed it in the clothes washer and it looks great.
It breathes so no mold ever formed in mine.
I would just get the colors that matches each ski and not worry if they are different.

Just my 3 cents. :)

I got mine a few weeks ago. Fits like a glove. Drove 3 hours each way and never came off. Seems to be the same construction as my original Sea Doo branded cover from 10 years ago. Last weekend I stopped in J&M Camper and Marine and they sell these Poppy covers also. They had a miniature model of a seadoo with a miniature cover on it that looked just like mine and had the same writing on it.

has anyone actually trailered with a poppy cove at freeway speeds and not have any rash on the ski? i'm afraid to try it

Just received a cover for the LRV. There are cheaper covers out there and more expensive covers out there. This one is just right.

Just bought two XP/XPL 97-2004 yellow and black J&M covers. They are much lighter than the original SEADOO factory covers I have. They have no white inside cloth like the factory covers. There is no J&M logo on them but they have Armour Guard written on both side but it is fine. Not very big and just outlined characters. It looks nice. The have a zippered opening for the gas which the factory ones do not have. Overall I like them and the vent system is actually nicer than the factory ones. These have small fins in them....may help keep wasps and bees from trying to get in. First impression is they appear to be worth the cost...I paid $109 each and shipping was like $10 for the entire box. They fold up into a much smaller area than the original covers. These covers are more of a polyester type of material compared to the heavier cloth of the original. Stitching is nice and the material feels like it should hold up....time will tell. At half the cost of the original factory ones I cannot complain esp. if they last 5 years with care. I have already replaced the factory ones at least 2x since I bought them. My skis are all holding up better than the covers.

I bought two of the $90 "trailerable" covers off of ebay, not good. They fit and will work as sun covers in storage but the fit up front it not good at all and they flap like a flag in the wind going down the road. The fit is somewhat generic and the material is a thin synthetic material of some kind. I've ordered one of the Poppy covers for my XP and if it's as good as the comments on here I think I will be much happier with it and will order another one for my GS.

When you get a new cover treat it straight away with 303 High Tech Fabric Guard to improve the water repellency and mold resistance. This product was found to be best at waterproofing "Sunbrella" type fabrics by Practical Sailor magazine. Not the cheapest waterproofer out there but the best. http://www.westmarine.com/buy/303-products--303-high-tech-fabric-guard--P004_129_002_507
The one pint spray bottle will just about cover two jet ski covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poppy cover just arrived for '97 GSX. Excellent construction and fit. Rainstorm allowed a significant amount of water in so I don't think they are waterproof. They keep the sun off and they appear to have been designed to breathe.
I contacted the seller directly to ask about the discount she offered Seadoo Forum members. The "discount" price she offered is lower than the ebay price, but is the same as the price listed on Poppy's website. So I'm not sure I would call this a discount. What it is, is the regular price without the ebay listing fees added in. So my suggestion is order directly from Poppy's site but don't get all excited about a big discount.
With all that said, I would definitely buy one again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=80008]Major Woody[/MENTION] I'm thinking about getting one for my HX for Christmas, but as of right now, I'm using a thick tarp. although not trailerable and not form-fitting, I get no water in the footwells after a big rainstorm. So, you're saying the cover is not waterproof, so I'll be getting water/mold in the footwells?

Thanks!

I get water inside when it rains.
I bring mine inside the house during the winter but I'm in Oregon and the ski would be ruined if it were left outdoors here, even if it had both a cover and a tarp over that.
I don't know what it would take to make the cover waterproof.

Mine hasn't faded...but after aprox 4yrs it is showing major signs of wear...ie:- material rotting and creating holes...but still hanging in there...so happy with that :cheers:

I just ordered another poppy cover for my 2015 GTI 130. I have an oem Sea doo cover for it but it flapped around while trailering, so its off to a new home and enter poppy being much better for trailering with the vacuum hold.
How's that for a review? :)

just a heads up, i trailered my seadoo 200 mile round trip made some abrasion marks on some of the side plastic pieces so i suggest not trailering with the cover on. i'm sure it will buff out but just a warning.

Back