Temperature Light On and long loud beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kap258

Boat is 230 Challenger 430 with 2-215hp supercharged.Engine is running great, but temperature light is coming on and a very loud beeping noise also. Looking at coolant and it is not boiling over. Is temperature light on dash for engine temp or is it for exhaust temp. Not sure where to look first. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you!

Boat is 230 Challenger 430 with 2-215hp supercharged.Engine is running great, but temperature light is coming on and a very loud beeping noise also. Looking at coolant and it is not boiling over. Is temperature light on dash for engine temp or is it for exhaust temp. Not sure where to look first. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you!

I believe it’s the exhaust temp. I’d check for clogs in the cooling system / j-pipe. They send to get debris in the small cooling holes in the pipe, causing low water flow. I had the warning happen the last two times out and it would eventually cool off (low throttle) and disappear.

I’d get it fixed quickly. It will only get worse as it becomes more clogged.

Thanks for your reply. I found it yesterday. The line from intercooler to manifold had come off. Put on a new clamp put it in the lake and all was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back