temp guage where can i put positive wire

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robin savell lloyd

i just installed new temp guage never had one in this boat. i put positive wire to key switch seemed to be ok but now i noticed that the fuel and oil light stays on even when key is off. i disconected temp guage but oil light stays on i am not sure if temp guage installation created this problem or not. i do not see how it could of but i do know any thing is possible thanks for any help

Delay switch?

Robin, the mpem is set up with a delay timer, which is set to come on if you put the lanyard on the post but don't start it. That means, all the electrical gages will remain on for 33 seconds. If you don't put the lanyard on but push the start/stop button, then you'll also get power for 33 seconds. If you have attached a wire to the terminal side of the switch, fed from the mpem, I'm not sure what would happen.
The temp sensor on the engine itself is sufficient for warning you of an overheat situation. If the temperature exceeds 200*F, the temp sensor signal to the mpem will cause the mpem to send out a continouse beep. By attaching the gage, I'm not sure where it is in reference to the mpem.

i believe i have been able to start engine allways even after a minute or two after lynard is conected i was wandering if i have a stuck relay or something to cause fuel and oil guage to stay on after key is off and where can i install a hot wire that will only be on when boat is on sence i all ready have whole sawed dash for temp guage i do not believe original temp was working as i disconected sending unit heard no beep and grounded it and heard no beep thanks for help robin

Wire...?

I'm not to sure on how to approach this but my idea would be to have a test light and look at wires that you suspect may give you power. You would have to test the wire with the switch off to ensure there is no power, then try again with the switch on.
Process of elimination is the only way I think you could find it.
KustomKarl put the transducer in his boat, mounted the gage in his dash between the RPM and speedometer. He has a step by step instruction for putting this in. You can look at his post in the boat section under "modify" to see if you can find some pointers there, or PM him. He's pretty good at the aftermarket and Kustom stuff. That's his business. I'm sure he can help you out on this one!...................
Good luck

Robin, the best way to install the temp guage is to go to a purple+ wire in the doo. Don't go to the key switch as it might over load the switch to the mpem. If you test for power find a accessory that is on with the switch, which is the best thing so as not to run battery down. I suggest use a multi-meter, set to 12 volt's and connect black probe to a good ground- wire. Then use the red probe to find a good + connection with the switch on. If you use a test light you could do damage to the electrical circuit if you mistakenly connect to a wrong 12 volt+ source, or back feed to the ground-. What year and model seadoo do you have? If you respond I will give you the correct connection you need to save you the time. Also you can use the hole you drilled in the dash for the guage, you might have to run longer wires if needed to find a good + and - connection.
Karl

thank you kustomkarl purple wire does seem to best choise i believe. i all ready have the wires for optional tach and optional speedometer. the both of them use purple+ wires comeing from guage relay and then to 7.5 amp fuse acording to my wiring diagram. i will hook it to speedometer purple i allso beleive i may need to put a new guage relay in as the last time i took boat out the fuel oil guage remained on after all power was shut off i waited a while to see if it would turn off buy it self but had to disconect batery wire untill i check furter into the mater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back