Temp and Volt meter Install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trini Jetboater

Hey folks,
Installed a temp gauge and volt meter recently and just wanted to share the experience. My speedo stopped working (pickup dead) so i bought a 52mm dia temp gauge and replace the speedo gauge in the cluster. Then i cut and installed a volt meter just to the right under the steering wheel.
To wire it I just used the purple wire off the speedo harness for + power and found the ground for negative and presto....working gauges! (hope this is ok for the electricals!-)

Next is a stereo install with 4 speakers, but i have no idea where to install the radio. Anyone have any suggestions for this and 4 speakers?

Attachments

• New Camera Test Pics 026.jpg
    New Camera Test Pics 026.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 94
Nice setup! Do You have a stereo installed as well?
Camera is Vivitar Vivicam 8400 8.1MP Digital Camera 8x Digital Zoom, 2.4" Screen, Photos/Short Movies Down to 10 Meters Underwater, perfect for this boat and was only 80.00 :cheers:
:cheers:
i installed an alpine ipod deck and mb quart 6 * 9, i have 2 sets, but installed only one pair because it sounds really well and felt like i didnt need to cut the boat any more than necessary.

click on the link to see it if you like;
http://seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=22720

on another note, does the camera take pretty good action shots? i am taking pictures with my phone inside a sealline bag, but i was looking for a "waterproof" action camera.

i installed an alpine ipod deck and mb quart 6 * 9, i have 2 sets, but installed only one pair because it sounds really well and felt like i didnt need to cut the boat any more than necessary.

click on the link to see it if you like;
http://seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=22720

on another note, does the camera take pretty good action shots? i am taking pictures with my phone inside a sealline bag, but i was looking for a "waterproof" action camera.

Sweet boat....not seeing where you installed the stereo....can you upload a pic to include the surroundings please.

The camera was just received and was testing it out on the boat. Have not gone into the sea with it as yet as i'm currently rebuilding my engine. (scorched a piston three weeks ago)
Will test it out in two weeks in tobago under water as well and send ya some sample pics. So far it seems to take great outdoor pics, indoor is terrible as you have to go into the settings to change light bal app etc

reccomendation!

i think something like this would be nice for your boat!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-CDX-H905IP...in_0?hash=item518baf1f8a&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14

you can mount the radio in the front by the "sun seat" and the control on your dash.

also check this one out, (i almost did this set up but i wanted to use 6*9 instead) this one is just an aux input and volume control nothing else , you add mp3.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_693MP3KITA/Poly-Planar-Marine-MP3-Kit.html?search=poly+planar&ssi=0

good luck!

Sweet boat....not seeing where you installed the stereo....can you upload a pic to include the surroundings please.

The camera was just received and was testing it out on the boat. Have not gone into the sea with it as yet as i'm currently rebuilding my engine. (scorched a piston three weeks ago)
Will test it out in two weeks in tobago under water as well and send ya some sample pics. So far it seems to take great outdoor pics, indoor is terrible as you have to go into the settings to change light bal app etc

keep in mind i have a speedster.

Attachments

• IMG00377-20090904-1949.jpg
    IMG00377-20090904-1949.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 30
I already bought a stereo and 4 speakers on sale from Overtons. I went with one of the chaeper ones this time as I've found any stereo exposed to salt water usually does not last over two to three years. Once i have radio I good.

I just need to find a suitable spot to install stereo (where it will stay as dry as possible), think i will follow your lead and install two speakers first and see how it sounds.

What other mods have you done or planning to do?

I already bought a stereo and 4 speakers on sale from Overtons. I went with one of the chaeper ones this time as I've found any stereo exposed to salt water usually does not last over two to three years. Once i have radio I good.

I just need to find a suitable spot to install stereo (where it will stay as dry as possible), think i will follow your lead and install two speakers first and see how it sounds.

What other mods have you done or planning to do?

This is the link http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...o-Package-Deals&aID=604A1&merchID=1009&r=view

i saw and heard that pyle @ cabelas , and it was pretty good , sounded better than any other they had on display and for less $$. the package they had only came with 2 speakers though.

i guess you should not worry too much about it getting wet because you have the cover .

my only thoughts on mods right now is the hydro turf. i think that is next.

The hydroturf was the best mod I have done yet. It looks awesome and makes the boat much better on the feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you guys have me thinking hydroturf!-) I normally wear water shoes so i never thought of installing it, but damn that looks good!

My next mod was another bilge pump to the very rear of the hull, with the hose coming out on the starboard stern instead of usual spot under the swim platform rear where you can't see if you have water pumping when manually running bilge.

On another note, it seems that my neutral switch on the forward/reverse lever is going bad, had it serviced but it still malfunctions every now an again. What i was thinking for a fix, is to run a separate on/off toggle switch on the dash. That way I still have to switch for safety reasons, but now don't have the headache of fiddling with the f/r lever trying to find the sweet spot every time i try to start. Any comments or suggestions on this!?

foster , you keep showing me your boat and i am gonna end up in trouble! :)

i am supposed to be on a "budget". :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know the feeling. The "budget" is the only reason I havent ordered the Bimini like yours. I might try this winter, but we are expecting our first baby in Nov, so we will see how that goes.

Glad you like, I am very happy with this boat. It is a lof of fun and I got it set up the way I like it and it is practically brand new.

Yeah I know the feeling. The "budget" is the only reason I havent ordered the Bimini like yours. I might try this winter, but we are expecting our first baby in Nov, so we will see how that goes.

Glad you like, I am very happy with this boat. It is a lof of fun and I got it set up the way I like it and it is practically brand new.

:hurray: congrats on your baby! :cheers:

yeah these boats are cool, and it was my wifes idea! i was never interested in them! i dont regret it one bit.

and the kids love it!

Attachments

• IMG00370-20090904-1941.jpg
    IMG00370-20090904-1941.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG00343-20090830-1609.jpg
    IMG00343-20090830-1609.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 27
i would mount the radio in the front of the driver area in front of the hood, then two speakers in the front of the boat on each side of the seat and one on each side of the rear seats. i saw one on here that was done like that and it looks good. it is in the modify section under a suggestions thread had some good pics of it

i would mount the radio in the front of the driver area in front of the hood, then two speakers in the front of the boat on each side of the seat and one on each side of the rear seats. i saw one on here that was done like that and it looks good. it is in the modify section under a suggestions thread had some good pics of it

Thanks srush, will look up that thread. I did not want to install radio in open as short bursts of rain are quite comon, and even though i have the cover for the radio i just don't trust it fully. I wanted to try and place outta the sun and rain and spalsh zones. Will continue to look and experiment. I will try the speakers on the drivers side and passenger side and see how it sounds, if more power is needed will install the others up front where you suggested.

Thanks srush, will look up that thread. I did not want to install radio in open as short bursts of rain are quite comon, and even though i have the cover for the radio i just don't trust it fully. I wanted to try and place outta the sun and rain and spalsh zones. Will continue to look and experiment. I will try the speakers on the drivers side and passenger side and see how it sounds, if more power is needed will install the others up front where you suggested.

trini , how about this under your dash on the drivers side!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PLMRCW-WATE...in_0?hash=item27abaef41d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back