Teflon Wax adds Less Friction.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomkarl

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have been experimenting with waxes on my boat, and I have found that the teflon wax made for West Marine is by far the best on the market. Not just protection, but I gained like 5 mph overall!
Karl

Really? That is too cool!!!

We used to rub a liquid on the bottom of our surfboards for the same effect. I don't know what it was, but it was a bit like WD-40. Just a thin lubricating oil.

That was late 80s, early 90s, and didn't last long. Probably not good for the water or wildlife.

But a wax...:D

Here is the specifics on the Teflon Wax...It is made under West Marine's Brand Part Number is 1176460. It is called " Teflon Boat Polish" It is in a 1qt./ 946 ml. container. It also helps the salt water not yellow the hull bottom and rince off quicker...I likes it! I use it on my 26' ChrisCraft cruiser too.
(I tried wd-40 on race skies but it washed off in like 10 minutes)

Karl

O.K.!

O.K.......so you need to go faster? My boat hits 50 and jumps 30 feet out of the water!.....well, it feels like 30 feet to me when it hits the water again!....I don't know bout ya'll, but I really don't need to go any faster!:rofl:

Keep Waxing...

My boat's hitting close to 58mph with the new wax.(according to my hand held GPS) I wonder if I add 2 coats will it be 10 mph faster...or 3coats. hmmm just a dream.:rofl:

Glue?

At the extra speeds, do you use Gorilla glue to keep your backside planted in the set?

Getting Waxed

Sounds to me like Karl has been experimenting with more than just wax! LOL

Dennis

Ok, secrets out...go low on fuel, leave everything on dock...go jet boating naked to save resistance oh yea, wear greasy sunblock!

Scram

Myself, once I get to 45 mph, my underwater scramjet drops out of my ride plate and kicks in. As I approach speeds in excess of 100 mph, my hydrofoils drop down too!..........:rofl:

no more eggnog for you !

Myself, once I get to 45 mph, my underwater scramjet drops out of my ride plate and kicks in. As I approach speeds in excess of 100 mph, my hydrofoils drop down too!..........:rofl:

UH... that eggnog must be really strong this year! :ack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back