Talk about your good running seadoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

nswillin

Premium Member
Premium Member
We need some post on how good everybody's Seadoo is running. I'm sure for every seadoo that has a problem on here there are two that are doing awesome.
My story: Bought used, had to do some work but it was really fun. Now it's awesome and sooooooooooooooo fun. I love it.

I'm all up for that. It seems like I have the only good running seadoo on the seadooforum...I never ask for help or questions ...I just have to deal with everybody's problems. :ack: :rofl:

My 200speedster is running fantastic! Thanks for asking! :)

Karl

Success on three counts over here!

My 1996 HX is running great! Because of seadooforum.com, I did my own pump oil change, rebuilt the carbs (it ran horribly), and overhauled the fuel system.

I helped get a friend's totally dead 1996 GSX fully operational again. It's been blowing the owner's mind! It was leaking oil out of the hose fittings, flooded ignition box wouldn't let it start, and the RAVEs were filthy! Here's the best part!....because of seadooforum.com, it cost $25 to get it running and leak free! (hose + grommet).

I also got a phone call from the owner of the 1996 GTX my HX shares a trailer with. He said the oil grommet replacement has completely fixed the oil leak. And the repair to the fuel sender was great!.....other than the $70 is cost to fill it up last weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet at least 90 percent of the guys on and watching this forum are having problems with their seadoo.The ones that aren't are out enjoying themselves;)

The two GTIs I have seem to go for a few weks to a month trouble free, then one of them always develops some type of minor issue. One of them likes to shear off the bolts for the exhaust manifold. That's big time fun.

Well I'll add that I have an absolutely great running 1996 GTX... Choppy water hit 60 mph running right next to a newer XP. I am looking at the new models but sometimes thinking to myself (I have a ride that works great for nothing... why buy new?). The gas guage is not working but I know my range so it doesnt bother me...

approaching 200 hrs on my heavily modified 2005 RXP, starts everytime still on the factory battery, runs great everytime out BUT here is the key I havent gone more than 4-5 weeks without riding it usually less than 3. Thats right I suit up in warmups and ride in the winter here.

Change the oil in the spring and fall, check the antifreeze, change the pump oil,look it over thats all

1997 3-Seater GTX-787

Purchased a yr ago, well cared for.
The machine has been great w/room and power for two. (unless its the wife)

Good machine for the beginner.

Escanaba, MI

1998 Gsx limited 951cc carbs,just did a total rebuild with weisco pistons,carbon tech reeds,new crank,carb kits.Its runnin great and hits 56 mph on the water...so far so good...

I have a set of 97's
1-GTX (Max Speed says 60 MPH now :) )

1-SPX (I can no longer see you in my mirrors.)

I love them both just trying to get them working PERFECT (most people would not think anything is not normal they way they are running)
I just want them to run and act like tehy did when they are brand new!!

My SPX is a kick in the pants the funnest ski i have ever driven!!!

The GTX is for my wife and others that come play with us... easy to drive and very stable and good for pulling a rider.

My new to me 94 spx has been running flawlessly. So much so, I'm thinking of getting a mid 90's GTX/GTS. Who knew an older ski would run so good.

My 1996 HX and I went for a ride in a VERY windy San Francisco Bay today. The water was uncomfortably rough in the open. And my gear is getting old - torn wetsuit, torn gloves, goggles don't work worth a crap anymore.

But the boat ran perfectly. Starts right up, idles solidly, top end still can scare the hell of of me. My favorite old feeling, but feels new again after the carb rebuild, is off the line hole shots - feels like one arm is getting yanked out of the socket while your stomach is pinned inside you.

Took my 97 GTS out today after replacing the jet pump, venturi and nozzle with aluminum pieces. Broke the old plastic nozzle over the fourth of July. I was having cavitation problems with the old pump, replaced the neoprene seal while it was all apart and man what a difference! Ran like a champ on Canyon Lake today. Looking forward to taking it out every weekend now.

Right on! New wear rings make so much difference. Took mine out yesterday afternoon and got 62mph on my GPS. I've only had it for 3 months and am just now getting used to the speed. Had some fun running some time trials on a spot at the Tennessee River, we started at a buoy, went around an island and then back to the buoy. Time got better everytime! Good stuff.

Nice job on the jet pump rebuild BTW.

Yea the pump that I bought off Ebay had a new wear ring and stainless impeller already installed so it was a bargain. Amazing what a difference can be found with a new wear ring and neoprene seal. Don't have a gps to tell the top speed but it's more for fun than speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back