Suspension unit versus 2021 hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

In2racn

I have been riding most anything powersports for many years; motocross, snowmobiles, PWC's.... I broke my neck racing MX in 2016 at age 52. Spent 20 minutes paralyzed from the neck down, got air-lifted, the whole deal. I am the luckiest man alive as I recovered, can walk, and actually do most anything I want, albeit, with a lot of reduced movement in my neck. I have 7 screws in my skull, 4 in C1/C2 and a couple rods holding my head on, but I am able to pound through the waves on my PWC. After the surgery, I gravitated to the Sea Doo suspension skis, I have 260 S and 155 s machines. I ride Lake Ontario and the Saint Lawrence river around A-bay area, It can get super rough. Now that I am hooked on the suspension units, of course BRP discontinued them in 2018.

My question to those that have ridden the S units and now ride modern hulls from BRP/Yam/Kaw, how much difference is there in ride and jarring? Are the S units that much better? The Suspension units are very heavy, but no question I can see and feel the suspension working sucking up some of the jolts. When BRP launched the 2018's without S units, many of us questioned them on Facebook and their reply is the new hull rides nearly as smooth with less weight.

I need to invest in preventative maintenance on my S units (Superchargers in my 260S machines) or just bite the bullet and get a new hull. Maybe I need to rent a new hull on a rough day to see how it rides.

Any thoughts or experiences to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back