Supercharger not kicking in

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruffrider

Hey all
Newbie here
Just picked up a used gtr230, 12 hours 2017
First ride the supercharger was kicking in and out then went fine. 68mph
2nd ride, didn’t kick in at all too speed 48mph
Any thoughts?

Did you notice what the RPM’s were doing on your second ride? If they were normal and slow speed it’s probably drive train. If they were low along with the speed it’s motor/supercharger.

Did you buy it with a warranty from the dealership? As stated above what was your RPM?

Quite sure the rpms where lower, didn’t seem like it was revving as high, just want to make sure I wasn’t missing something, do they normally need a warm up before supercharger kicks in? 12 hours I should be past the breakin period I would think

The supercharger does not kick in or kick out. The supercharger is always working or not working at all. If your problem is intermittent, it's something else. Have you tested the supercharger for slip? Take it to the dealer and have the fault codes read.

Chester

Well the computer will be pulling the ignition back because it would be knocking constantly I would guess. Isnt the minimum 91?

Describe the symptoms that lead you to think the SC is not kicking in. Just a lack of power? Does it kick in and out of power? Surging?

It was kicking in and out at first, then it went well then seems like the power band isn’t there anymore

So does it seem like it's running good but then it sputters...then eventually starts running good again? If so, may have water in your tank. Every time it picks up a droplet of water it sputters.

Seems like a lot of folks are having that symptom right now. It's that time of year.

Since you have the extended warranty I think it is time to put your ski on the trailer and drop it off at the dealer before you do any damage from running it broken that they might not want to cover under your warranty. I know it’s tough bringing back a new toy but hopefully the absence will be short lived.

Last edited:
So went for a day on the lake and emptied the tank, filled with 91, after about 5 minutes of riding she came to life, I guess the superchargers really don’t like 89 octane
Thanks for all the input

Probably had small amount of water in the tank. Octane doesn't make it come to life. Octane only changes the detonation timing. You'll get a ping with lower octane. Not a hugeloss of power like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back