Sunday, 10/4 Clearwater Super Boat Races

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mudd_mickey

A group of us are getting together to enjoy the water and races on Sunday, October 4th. At this point I’m not sure exactly where we’ll meet and who’s putting in where but it seems we might be putting in at different locations so lets plan to meet at Shepherd’s unless we ride in together. I’m pretty sure I’ve already got 6 skis going.
http://www.superboat.com/events.cfm?action=details&id=116

Because of boat ramp traffic and the fact that I enjoy the ride, I’ll likely either put in at Park Boulevard Boat Ramp or a shorter ride from up north which is the Dunedin Marina but I need to call them first to find out about parking. They are supposed to have the first boat parade from the Seminole Street boat ramp to the race track at 10:45 with the first race starting at 11:00 so I suggest we all meet at Shepherd’s at 10 am. I’d like to cruise up and down while the boats are heading out and then follow them out.

If anyone can add information about boat ramps, fuel, or anything else that would be great.

Possible launch sites-

Seminole Street Boat Ramp. This is a very populate boat ramp and is also where they’re staging the wet pits so if you put in here get there damn early and be prepared to wait when you’re taking out at the end of the day.
190 Seminole St
Clearwater, FL 33755
(727) 251-2623

Dunedin Causeway. This is a beach launch with no ramp so you have to get your vehicle in the water to some extent. Lots of skis put in here.

Dunedin Marina. I’ve never put in here and have heard parking is limited so you might end up parking somewhere offsite.
51 Main St # 1
Dunedin, FL 34698-5774
(727) 298-3030

Park Boulevard Boat Ramp. This is a great ramp with plenty of parking but it’s about 10 miles south of the Clearwater Bridge.
18651 Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach, FL
(727) 549-6165 ‎

You can get fuel on the water at Clearwater Marina and I’ve heard they are not much higher than street gas prices.
25 Causeway Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33767-2064
(727) 462-6954‎

Back