Stripped impeller and shaft, shaft rubbing on carbon ring.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TAC

I've got a 2011 GTS. around 350 hours. The splines are almost completely stripped on the impeller and the drive shaft. After I pulled the pump and shaft I noticed wear on the shaft and found it had been rubbing on the carbon ring. Is my engine way out of alignment or did the play caused by the loose spline allow the shaft to float into the carbon ring. The pump was not loose when i pulled it off. bearings and wear ring look good. Wear ring has very minimal and even wear.

Thanks guys

I've got a 2011 GTS. around 350 hours. The splines are almost completely stripped on the impeller and the drive shaft. After I pulled the pump and shaft I noticed wear on the shaft and found it had been rubbing on the carbon ring. Is my engine way out of alignment or did the play caused by the loose spline allow the shaft to float into the carbon ring. The pump was not loose when i pulled it off. bearings and wear ring look good. Wear ring has very minimal and even wear.

Thanks guys

If the play in the splines has gotten so bad that it allowed the shaft to run off-center then it will wear the seals at a much faster rate.

If your engine mounts are tight, then chances are your engine hasn't shifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back