Stereo journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

moochy

Ok so bit the bullet today, Alpine CDA-9886M head unit, MC20 and MC2 remotes. Will need to find an amp and speakers to match before it all gets put in.. Keen to learn more about those liquid dimensions speakers however they haven't replied to my emails yet.

wetsounds and JL make some really great stuff man. Also if you're going to replace your 4 speakers, you'll need the scosche SAU56 adapters. The factory holes on these boats are 6", and that's too big to fit most speakers without the adapters.

on wetsounds website is says the overall is 6.8", so I would doubt that they'd fit perfectly. I think you'd have to buy the LED rings to secure them in, but Davo will know for sure. I was going to go with Wetsounds and the dealer told me I'd need the rings to make them fit in the stock locations.

I would go with the wetsounds! You will not be disappointed! Have heard a few of these systems in person, incredible sound quality and volume! Although I am very interested in these liquid acoustics speakers.

There's a few people around who have put xs650s in the c180 holes without led rings. I'm sure I'd be ok. Just an Internet search should give the photos needed. Then again it's a great excuse to put LEDs in just to be certain!!

I was out the other day, music easily drowned out the engine completely, without the fatiguing sound of most other systems.
Cheers

I would go with the wetsounds! You will not be disappointed! Have heard a few of these systems in person, incredible sound quality and volume! Although I am very interested in these liquid acoustics speakers.

Yes I'm waiting for a finished product picture on te liquid acoustics. They are 60 days away from launch.

Were you talking with Marc @ Liquid Acoustics? I am running the LAXP-D8's on my boat. I originally had the 2ohm models but have had heck finding the right amp for them. I sold my 2 ohm models and have the new 4 ohm models on the way and will be running them on a ZED Dreadnaught 800watts RMS x2!! If for some reason I cant get my hands on the ZED then I am looking at running 2 Cadence D250.2's which is 800 Watts RMS each. All full range Class D amps for higher efficiency. I absolutely love the sound of the Liquid Acoustics speakers even under powered but I guess they really shine with big power.

I will be by next weekend. They are coming in the mail early next week.

You might fall off your chair when you see how big the MC's are. What I really need to know if there is more or less lag using the wired MC20 as opposed to the RF MC2?also need to knowif you can disable certain MC2's should you not want kids fiddling with the tunes when up front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure the 20 also has a 2.5 mini jack running back to the HU. The 2's RF back to the 20.

Let me know how you go!

I have the 2 here and the only wires are to power and ground. The 20 is the same and there's a adapter to fit on the back of the raddio

I have the 2 here and the only wires are to power and ground. The 20 is the same and there's a adapter to fit on the back of the raddio

They are big suckers! Definetly won't replace the Jensen remote on the helm.

Where are you mounting yours?

well after putting in 2 new alpine radios, i have taken them out and put the stock jensen back in. The alpine units would not play my iphone 4s, so i took them out. I tried the ida x100m and the cda 9886m, and neither would play my phone. I'm so over this whole thing for now. I also couldnt get the same "great" sound with them either. They both put out very little bass, and the remotes are too big to replace the helm one. I'm just going to call it good for now. the only problem with the jensen was that it would sometimes not play the iphone unless you jiggled the cable some, but i'll live with that after this weekend of mess.

well after putting in 2 new alpine radios, i have taken them out and put the stock jensen back in. The alpine units would not play my iphone 4s, so i took them out. I tried the ida x100m and the cda 9886m, and neither would play my phone. I'm so over this whole thing for now. I also couldnt get the same "great" sound with them either. They both put out very little bass, and the remotes are too big to replace the helm one. I'm just going to call it good for now. the only problem with the jensen was that it would sometimes not play the iphone unless you jiggled the cable some, but i'll live with that after this weekend of mess.

Sorry to hear you've had such an average experience. I hope I don't suffer the same fate when putting my alpine gear

This is the add on EQ I'll be running. Hopefully it works as well in the boat as it does in this car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8L4r2pvkYM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back