1997 Seadoo Challenger 1800 Hydro turf, stereo install, and LEDS!!! Finally done!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

koontek

Pick up this boat about almost 2 years ago and I think I am finally happy with where its at right now. Only thing i been thinking about adding is a tower but still unsure about it at this time if I want to go that route.

293.jpg

Its not the cleanest but I got a smoking deal on it so I couldn't be picky! I want to remove the decals but I'm afraid of the fade.

294.jpg

295.jpg

296.jpg

297.jpg

298.jpg

299.jpg

300.jpg

301.jpg

302.jpg

303.jpg

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

307.jpg

308.jpg

309.jpg

310.jpg

311.jpg

Four Rockford Fosgate M282 8" Speakers
Four Rockford Fosgate M262 6.5" Speakers
Two Rockford Fosgate P400-2 400 Watt 2 Channel Amps
Alpine CDA-9886M Marine Cd receiver/ipod Deck
Alpine MC20 Marine Remote with Display
Perko Switch with 2nd Battery
Minn Kota MK2200 2 Bank Battery Charger
Blue Leds On the rear Transom (they also strobe like police lights)
Hydro Turf Kit

Let me know what you guys think!

Looked great until I saw you had Britney Spears on the radio!! No really, nice job man looks a sweet set up the hydro-turf looks very nice I think its time for me to invest in some. If you dont mind me asking what was the total $$ investment in the sound system?

Looked great until I saw you had Britney Spears on the radio!! No really, nice job man looks a sweet set up the hydro-turf looks very nice I think its time for me to invest in some. If you dont mind me asking what was the total $$ investment in the sound system?

haha My cousin made me the CD i swear! lol Yah the hydro turn made a big difference way cleaner then just the naked white floor. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. So I'm a installer at a stereo shop so I got the alpine products at cost and the rockford stuff I got on a accommodation by ordering direct from Rockford. But if you where a regular retail customer this setup would of cost about $1700 in product alone and at least $700 in labor so about $2400 just for the stereo portion. But doing it myself its free labor and I got the product way less then retail. The rockford 8" speakers are amazing though. Loudest full range speaker by far. Ton of bass too.

looks awesome. I am in the process of getting my hydroturf and a new stereo as well, though it won't be nearly as impressive as yours. Nice job!

This is awesome. I just got four Fosgate 8" speakers like you have and was debating if they were too big and if I should send them back for the 6.5"s. But after seeing that you installed them, I am just gonna go for it. I got the four channel Fosgate 600watt marine amp that puts out 100 watts RMS each. I can't wait to hear how these things sound...

This is awesome. I just got four Fosgate 8" speakers like you have and was debating if they were too big and if I should send them back for the 6.5"s. But after seeing that you installed them, I am just gonna go for it. I got the four channel Fosgate 600watt marine amp that puts out 100 watts RMS each. I can't wait to hear how these things sound...

There is really a big difference between the 8" and 6" speakers in both loudness and bass response. The 6.5' speakers in my boat are only really good for the people sitting up front. I will never go back to a 6" unless I'm limited by space.

Amazing job! Good work. The stereo thumps I bet. From my experience, I would be very tempted to put a remote on the swimdeck as well if you don't have the ability to use that Alpine keyfob remote thay make.

Very nice work!!!

Can you take some pics of your second battery install? I have the same boat and I am looking into doing this in the offseason

It all looks awesome! I just upgraded from a clarion deck and speakers to a Sony deck and 2 Polk audios speakers, it made a huge difference. I'm Adding a second battery and switch next week. My next upgrades will be the LEDs and two more Polk audio speakers. thanks for posting the pics. I will add mine soon.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! makes me want to do more to the boat!

I will take pictures of the second battery setup and perko switch next time I take it out on the river.

Rockford amps are one of my favorites. They always have plenty of solid power and do not run hot. I'm running each channel at 2 ohms with no problems. Only time i had any type of glitch was when the battery was getting low from a long day of just playing music while it was on the beach. We always use Rockford amps in Boats, and in side x side off road vehicles. They get wet and muddy but keep working!

If you really want some bass, stuff a 10" somewhere mono. And Fosgate amps do it up right.

I thought about adding two 10" subs below the rear cup holders but that would mean adding a third amp and i would definitely have to upgrade the batteries too! The 8" speakers give plenty of base but a pair of 10" subs would defiantly be the finishing touch! what do you guys think should I add two 10" subs or should I just leave it alone? haha

Nice install. Currently upgrading stock stereo but going with Pink over Britney. Just kidding. However cannot afford all of that but going with a decent head unit that has streaming via Bluetooth so kids can use their various iPods and iPhones. Looking at some mid level marine speakers as well. Also doing hydro truf and some LEDs over the winter.
Biggest question I have... Looking for that second battery setup if you have pics. Thanks. Mike

If it were me, i would just swap a pair of 10" subs into where those rear 8" are. Looks like they would fit.

sorry it took awhile but finally got some pictures of the second battery set up. I just basically installed the battery on the opposite side of the boat where the factory battery is.

378.jpg

379.jpg

380.jpg

I have questions about cutting the holes, not new to stereos but new to boats. So pretty much from inside cut freely as nothing is strucual? Then fish wire tonrear or where ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back