Stereo Install... Installing speakers in mirrors

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaboii

Hi Everyone,

Just bought a few skis for the summer and first time poster.The first thing I thought of after buying the 3 seat GTX was "where the hell am I going fit my tunes".. Over the last few weeks Ive searched and looked into all water proof speakers, amp and deck options. I almost went with the PWC $ystem, but there speakers wouldn't fit my mirrors and I don't want to cut into my ski to mount the speakers. So this is what I came up with and I snapped some pictures along the way, maybe give others some ideas... Feel free to chime in anytime. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Components I chose for this install..

3" Waterproof speakers used in Mirrors.. $50

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...270915?&cid=chanintel&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=

The MA-3013 3 round flush-mount speakers are great for installations where mounting space is limited. The waterproof MA-3013 feature a powder coated aluminum grill, low Magnetic Field and include mounting hardware and speaker wire.

Clarion waterproof Head unit and amp... $190

** The reason I chose this unit is the usb option. I can fill a mini flash drive with thousands of sounds and plug it in, done. Am/FM too!

http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-CMS1-Source-Commander-Port/dp
/B001OQ6OA4

General Features:

* Marine Mechanism-Less Source Unit
* Blue fluorescent dot-matrix display
* Water resistant chassis
* Waterproof commander (IPX6)
* HumiSeal Coated PCB
* Meets ASTM B117 (Salt/Fog Exposure)
* Meets ASTM B117 (Salt/Fog Exposure)
* Gold plated RCA jack and harness terminal
* CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
* Power Output:
o Peak: 45 watts x 4 channels
o RMS: 16 watts x 4 channels
* MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)
* 1-year Sonic Electronix warranty

Playback and Audio Features:

* Playback of MP3 and WMA files
* Tuner with 6FM/6AM presets
* Weather band tuner

Expandability Options:

* 1 Set of Rear RCA outputs for connection to an amplifier
* SIRIUS Satellite Radio ready: Sirius SSP direct connection and subscription required and sold separately
* iPod ready: Direct iPod audio Clarion CCUiPod1 interface and control required and sold separately
* Rear-panel USB input: USB port allows connection to portable media devices such as MP3 players, flash drives, etc.
* Rear-panel RCA AUX input: RCA audi jack allows connection to portable media devices such as MP3 players, flash drives, etc.
* Wired remote control ready

Peak Power Output 45 watts x 4 channels
RMS Power Output 16 watts x 4 channels
Preamp RCA Outputs None
Sub Preamp RCA Output No
Preamp Voltage N/A
Built-In Equalizer Bass And Treble Control
Display Type Dot-Matrix Text Display
Display Color Blue
Button Color White
CD Signal-to-Noise N/A
CEA-2006 Compliant N/A
Playback Features
AM/FM Tuner Yes
FM Presets 6
AM Presets 6
CD-R/RW Playback No
MP3 Playback Yes
WMA Playback Yes
DVD / Video Playback No
Expandability Features
Navigation No
AUX Input 1 Set of Rear Audio RCA Inputs
Audio/Video Outputs None
USB Input Rear
iPod Audio Connection Optional (Accessory Required and Sold Separately)

* Clarion CCUiPod1

Satellite Radio Optional - SIRIUS (Accessory required and sold separately)
HD Radio No
Bluetooth Connectivity No
Steering Wheel Control Compatible No
CD Changer Controls No
Rear View Camera Input No
Memory Card Reader No
Warranty and Return Policy
Return Policy Standard Return Policy
Parts Warranty Duration 1 year
Labor Warranty Duration 1 year

Attachments

• 8680985.jpg
    8680985.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 296
  • cms1n.jpg
    cms1n.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 347
  • ca-en_2009_CMS1,5.jpg
    ca-en_2009_CMS1,5.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 348
I will fill in the details later....

Attachments

• anthony wrestling party 005.JPG
    anthony wrestling party 005.JPG
    799.4 KB · Views: 550
  • anthony wrestling party 008.JPG
    anthony wrestling party 008.JPG
    458.4 KB · Views: 449
  • anthony wrestling party 015.JPG
    anthony wrestling party 015.JPG
    580 KB · Views: 421
  • anthony wrestling party 020.JPG
    anthony wrestling party 020.JPG
    799 KB · Views: 414
  • anthony wrestling party 012.JPG
    anthony wrestling party 012.JPG
    496.9 KB · Views: 392
  • seadoo 002.JPG
    seadoo 002.JPG
    606.4 KB · Views: 498
  • seadoo 003.JPG
    seadoo 003.JPG
    473.8 KB · Views: 438
  • seadoo 006.JPG
    seadoo 006.JPG
    493.2 KB · Views: 435
  • seadoo 007.JPG
    seadoo 007.JPG
    680.2 KB · Views: 441
  • seadoo 008.JPG
    seadoo 008.JPG
    705.8 KB · Views: 493
  • seadoo 011.JPG
    seadoo 011.JPG
    707.8 KB · Views: 589
  • anthony wrestling party 011.JPG
    anthony wrestling party 011.JPG
    551.7 KB · Views: 401
  • anthony wrestling party 031.JPG
    anthony wrestling party 031.JPG
    539.3 KB · Views: 372
  • anthony wrestling party 033.JPG
    anthony wrestling party 033.JPG
    444.8 KB · Views: 393
  • Andrew football party 1-7-10 022 - Copy.JPG
    Andrew football party 1-7-10 022 - Copy.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 426
  • Andrew football party 1-7-10 023.JPG
    Andrew football party 1-7-10 023.JPG
    461 KB · Views: 460
  • Andrew football party 1-7-10 024.JPG
    Andrew football party 1-7-10 024.JPG
    691 KB · Views: 635
Spotters?....

thats what spotters are for.

Great install, man...:cheers:

Laws differ from State to State. Here, I thought I was good towing my tube with my spotter turned around backward, on the GTX. It has a foot hold built into the hull, just for this purpose. Last year, I got stopped because of my spotter. Here, it is illegal for a spotter to sit backward on the ski. The only way you can pull a tube with a ski is to have fixed mirrors with a total viewing area of 10 square inches. Seadoo must have researched this info because all their mirrors are over the required minimum (as far as I"ve seen anyway).

I suggest anyone who is riding, pulling a tuber or wake, to pull up your local State laws on your computer. I was lucky, the dude let me go with a warning and a brochure of our local PWC laws. It wasn't even a month after I had bought it.....:cheers:

Laws differ from State to State. Here, I thought I was good towing my tube with my spotter turned around backward, on the GTX. It has a foot hold built into the hull, just for this purpose. Last year, I got stopped because of my spotter. Here, it is illegal for a spotter to sit backward on the ski. The only way you can pull a tube with a ski is to have fixed mirrors with a total viewing area of 10 square inches. Seadoo must have researched this info because all their mirrors are over the required minimum (as far as I"ve seen anyway).

I suggest anyone who is riding, pulling a tuber or wake, to pull up your local State laws on your computer. I was lucky, the dude let me go with a warning and a brochure of our local PWC laws. It wasn't even a month after I had bought it.....:cheers:

What would be there reasoning for tubing w/ earlier style seadoos, with no mirrors?

is it loud?
and do you have 2 batterys or just tied into the battery that runs the waverunner?

did you also purchase the ipod cable with it?

is it loud?
and do you have 2 batterys or just tied into the battery that runs the waverunner?

did you also purchase the ipod cable with it?

It's plenty loud out front of the house but no lake run yet. I only have the one battery now, but am looking into adding a 2nd. Yes I did get the Ipod cable just came yesterday..

how hard was it to cut the speaker holes out did you use a hole saw or just a jig-saw?

i see it looks like 3/16" thick plexi just wondering so i dont crack or break the plexi when im trying to do it....

If anyone is interested in getting something real custom done I run an audio shop and am in the middle of making custom pods on the hood of an 08 RXP to house 6.5 inch JL AUDIO speakers. If anyone is interested in getting this done please let me know innovativemobile@hotmail.com and I can do this over the winter after this season if anyone is interested I will send pics as soon as im done the one im doing right now . It just seems like everyone is looking for ideas and or someone to do these kinds of installs for them . So im here if anyone wants this done to theres .

you can buy plates like these from soggydogaudio.com they have plate replacements mirror covers with speakers ready to install

very nice looking install!

and in MD AFAIK the tubing law says we have to have someone facing backwards, and must be a 3seater, doesnt say anything about the mirrors.

05' Seadoo GTX wave edition audio

New to the forum and looking for some answers

Nice install man!, Im working on the install of my 05' gtx wave edition. Does anyone on here know where i can get the instructions to take apart the hood to remove the mirrors and run some wires? thanks:banghead:

Great effort putting all the steps pictures over here to install a stereo in a car, good work all around to share such wonderful work with all of us over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back