Steering Issues 2002 Seadoo Challenger X20

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guarracs

I'm having a little trouble, whenever I'm driving my boat even at slow no wake speeds it seems to always want to pull to the right if i hold the steering wheel straight it will go right, even under power when im on plane it will do the same i tried adjusting the nozzle to make sure it was straight, and I had someone hold the steering wheel and pulled on the nozzle left and right to make sure the cable was ok

Any one have any ideas?

Kind of normal. Put someone heavier on the left, and it will pull that way. Most of these jet boats need a little tension on the steering to make them go in a straight line. It's basically because they dont' have a rudder or any lower fins.

Thanks for the reply doc. I’ll try evening out the weight. Just thought that I know jet boats wander but I didn’t think it would make that sharp of a right with holding the steering wheel centered. But I guess if you say it’s normal. Maybe I’ll adjust the plate a little

Almost every jet toy I've owned needed to be held over a little. I had a Yamaha that would rock back and forth on the hull... so I had to slow down to sink it a little deeper to stabilize. (very annoying)

Right now... on my Islandia... I have to put more tension than I would like on the wheel to make it go straight.

Yup that’s exactly what I’m doing I’m trying to figure out a way that when I keep tension the wheel atleast be somewhat straight as I have great ability to turn right because the tension has to be held to the left but turning left is much wider considering I’m half way to the stop point when holding the steering wheel to go straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back