Starting flooded motor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Hunterb

I have a question for the carb experts. Last summer my daughter had our 1997 GTX out with some friends and they shut it down at one point and then when they went to restart it they pulled the choke and flooded it and then it wouldn't start. With a normal carbureted engine I would just hold the throttle at wide open and crank it and it will usually start but I'm not sure if that strategy works with the type of carbs these engines have. Does anyone know? Also, if that is not the way to start a flooded carbed 787, is there a recommended way?
They ended up having to be towed home so I'd like to avoid that again if it floods again.
Thanks!

Yeah man that Will definitely work and if it’s flooded really bad then shut of the gas and crank with the throttle wide open it works great I do it if I Flood mine or am having carb trouble

Yeah man that Will definitely work and if it’s flooded really bad then shut of the gas and crank with the throttle wide open it works great I do it if I Flood mine or am having carb trouble
OK. Thanks. It shouldn't ever happen but if someone pulls the choke and it's already warm it could. I just wasn't sure with this type of carb if pinning it while cranking would deliver nothing but air basically.

The
OK. Thanks. It shouldn't ever happen but if someone pulls the choke and it's already warm it could. I just wasn't sure with this type of carb if pinning it while cranking would deliver nothing but air basically.
yeah no problem

Back