Start Switch (part #278002694) not available

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leduardocl

It seems that the start switch (part #278002694) is not available at any store or has been discontinued by sea doo.

I am wondering if there is any substitute for such start switch.

Thank you in advance.

You may have to swap your connector from the OEM switch, but something like this should work? There's a bunch of options.

Switch

Seadoo just uses switches made by other companies and puts one of their part numbers on it. Post a pic or read the name brand on the switch and find a replacement which should be simple.

I hate those start buttons. Your fingertip essentially gets jammed in there when the button is depressed. I’d rather replace it with the button lever used for the horn.

If you find something better, please let us know.

Also, if anyone can identify the manufacturer of those buttons, that would be good too.

I’ve also considered relocating the start buttons to make room for a small GPS chart plotter. It would be nice if the buttons were on the shift lever itself, or closer to it, at the very least.

I don’t mind the buttons, I generally use my thumb & it has never gotten stuck. Is there a name for the type of button that is that supplies a signal when depressed but does not stay depressed when not held?
A toggle switch like the horn would also be a cool alternative as it only works when lifted.

I don’t mind the buttons, I generally use my thumb & it has never gotten stuck. Is there a name for the type of button that is that supplies a signal when depressed but does not stay depressed when not held?
A toggle switch like the horn would also be a cool alternative as it only works when lifted.

Like this one?

Cool! Yeah I’d say. They call it a Momentary Switch & here is the description :

“What's the Momentary Switch
Momentary switch, normally open, remain in ON state as long as being pressed

What's the Momentary Switch Used for
Most often momentary switches are used for circuits control in electromagnetic starter, stuff like relay, Horn Button Switch, PC Power Switch or any circuit controls “

Was under my helm today, 2010 C210. This is the best I could get for the starting switches without taking them out. IMG_4865.JPGIMG_4867.JPGIMG_4868.JPG

The only difference I'm seeing, is the switch I posted has 5 posts and the OEMs appear to have just 4. I'm sure it would still work, and for $10 it's certainly worth the try. The only thing missing in this is the actual size of the button as they apparently come in different sizes (at least the one I posted a link to does).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back