Start Delay

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mada500

Hey Everyone. Awesome forum.

I have a 2009 Speedster with 40 hours. Sometimes when I start, it goes straight away. Other times, there is a delay when I press start and the engine is very slow to turn over.

No rhyme or reason as to when the slow start. Might be at the beginning or end of the day. First start or the 5 th one.

I checked the battery with a tester its fine. I also have had the started, electrical, etc checked by a mechanic.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I have 2010 Speedster with 88 hours and I believe mine might be behaving similarly. When I start it sometimes there is about a 1 second delay and a little
slow before it fires up. Other times it fires right away. I figured it was normal and may be because it is just a three cylinder engine and needs to get the pistons in the right position before firing the spark plugs. How long is your delay. Is your battery relatively new and in good condition ?

Thanks Gordo. My delay can be 1-3 secs I guess. The slow turnover worries me more sometime. Battery is 2 years old. Test good with an analyzer, but just barely in the good zone. Might just pick up a new battery next season anyway.

Mado500

I am just new to these sea doo jet boats, actually new to boats in general, but a slow turnover just like a car sounds like a weak battery. I have had my boat for just over a month and was worried that my battery could die on me and I would be stuck somewhere. I bought a $100 LiPoly jump start battery. I bring on the boat and store it in a compartment. It gives me piece of mind that I can start the boat if the battery goes dead, especially when we anchor of shore and go swimming and play the radio, now I don't have to say turn down the volume you might drain the battery. I considered dual batteries but did not like the idea of the extra work for the installation and adding extra weight to the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back