Speedster Tower recall complete - not happy

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brosi247

I took my '07 Speedster 200 with tower into dealership and had braces installed (no cost) due to recall, but now I can not collaspe the tower like I could before. The lake where I live has a bridge you have to go under to use the lake and used to be able to quickly unscrew to quick release bolts and drop tower and out back up but now it is joined by this new braces (8 bolts). I can not use the lake in my community now.

I contacted Seadoo directly and the dealership to find out what to do and no one has an answer for me. I'm stuck, anyone else had the braces installed and have the same problem??

My hands are tied, do not know what to do...

thats B.S....the boat came with collapsable tower, it should be fixed, so it can collapse...but from reading a few post, with contacting BRP, think ur, up a creek without a paddle, bud...

In this case... I would go to the dealer that you bought it from, and demand a refund for the tower. You bought a collapsible tower, and the fix turns it into an non-collapsible tower.

They represent the product, and they have a safety recall on it. Since the fix changes the product, they need to give you a refund. Only problem is... now your boat will have a bunch of holes in it.

If you a want true fix... then you will have to go though Bombardier. (could take a long time)

I hate to say it, but SeaDoo is going down hill with customer service, and quality of their products.

Give him written warning you intend to take him to court if its not fixed or refunded.
He will have no chance in small claims.

BRP is going in the wrong direction with its customers, and there products.
As long as show responsibility for the product they sell us, we will remain royal.
IF they think they can trick us into buying defective products and turn their backs just because their little BS warranty is past due, they have another thing coming.
Sue em.

There should be a class action regarding the ceramic clutch washers at minimum.

The use of non-marine (made in Mexico) vinyl on there $30-$40K boats is another

If they want to treat us like insignificant chumps, F em.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back