Speedster - Thru-Hull Location

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MVPeterP

good day,

due to the angle on the back of my Speedster 150, i decided to go with a thru-Hull transducer (link below)

I was just curious if anyone has installed this product, and if they were able to mount it without playing with the leveling block in any fashion. I will be looking at it tonight, and start marking out locations that the rod can come through. i also noticed there is no gasket, and was curious if it wasnt required due to the amount of marine adhesive that would be on it, and between each piece.

http://ca.humminbird.com/products/629899/XPTH_9_DI_T

any information is greatly appreciated on this. thanks so much.

-Peter-

Here is the situation i am dealing with....there is only one flat area, near the far back Left/Right of the boat. You can see the angles on the hull, which i dont want to deal with cutting the leveling piece....and if i can put it on the flat piece in the back left or right (which you can see in the pic), i would be laughing. it would drill into the foam you can see in the pic as well, which i could probably drill into, and feed the wire through. Any thoughts? do you think it will work back there???

boat1.jpgboat2.jpgboat3.jpg

I would make sure that those areas stay in contact with the water for the speed range at which you are looking for accurate readings.

the DI imaging isnt impacted??? cause if i can do this (already have epoxy) i would be in happy happy land.

i just want to be sure, as its a $220.00 replacement....if i screw it up. haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is working properly at any speed and even the fishfinder is working. Only the temperature shows higher values.

ah ok. so no worries on the DI. excellent!!! that makes me a happy man, cause no holes, and i can still take the boat out after a day or so. the marine adhesive said wait like 3-5 days to ensure it cures... :S

Mine is working properly at any speed and even the fishfinder is working. Only the temperature shows higher values.

shoot....mine is HUGE. wont fit there....id say its about 2.5 hockey pucks long and 1.5 wide. its a big bugger. but i might be able to fit it farther back. I will find a spot and report back. its raining like mad here and.......and.......there is a snow warning.......FML. the weather gods can bite me.

thanks for your help everyone!

-Peter-

My transducer came with the Lowrance device and it works perfect. At this boat it easily shoots through the hull.

Thru the hull exhaust on 150 speedster & 4" intake, x charger, etc. Big gains

good day,

due to the angle on the back of my Speedster 150, i decided to go with a thru-Hull transducer (link below)

I was just curious if anyone has installed this product, and if they were able to mount it without playing with the leveling block in any fashion. I will be looking at it tonight, and start marking out locations that the rod can come through. i also noticed there is no gasket, and was curious if it wasnt required due to the amount of marine adhesive that would be on it, and between each piece.

http://ca.humminbird.com/products/629899/XPTH_9_DI_T

any information is greatly appreciated on this. thanks so much.

-Peter-

Just finished some mods on my 09 Speedster 150 and huge gains. Custom fabed aluminum Thru the hull exhaust, X supercharger, Fizzle 4" air intake w/R & D adapter to cold air on port side, Riva catch can, Solas Concord R impeller,
replaced 23 lb. OEM battery W/Earth X lithium battery-weighs 2.5 lbs, etc. Improved top end almost 9 mph over OEM stock and HUGE difference out of the hole and mid range.
I put the exhaust exit up high so it's never in the water while setting like the OEM or the Riva set up. I had a RXT-X sink when the OEM clamp came off while setting! Seadoo does for the NOISE factor, same for using 2 mufflers, etc.
I used the billet Riva exhaust tip at the exit. Have the 215 hp supercharger for sale for $199 that I just removed with only 20 hours on it W/metal washers. RonSPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_23.jpgSPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_19.jpgSPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_21.jpgSPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_08.jpgSPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_09.jpg

so, what happened for me, was i traded in the original ransducer for a thru-hull. the thing is a beast.

I ended up expoxying the transducer in, but about 6" back from where yours was. Will be testing tonight i hope. I tried to eyeball the difference in location from yours to my spot inside, and there may be a hint of a hull gap. I am hoping it is small enough to not make a difference.

will report back with pics later today.

Thanks for your help everyone!!! id rather loose a $250.00 transducer then drill a hole in the bottom of the boat where i shouldnt. HAHA.

will report back.

Laters everyone.

well, i should have just drilled the hole. its a no go. Transducer reads 0.3m regardless of where i am on the lake. i got it as close as i could, but wasnt good enough.

oh well.

Did you glue it in with epoxy? It’s important to have a good contact to the hull without any air-bubbles in the epoxy. I’ve been on river Rhein on the weekend and I have good readings up to 75 km/h. Of course, my transducer is a very small one which fits into this gap close to the tank. But it was also supposed to install it at the transom but I don’t want drill a hole inside. So I asked some experts in my company if this will work (we are producing measuring equipment’s) and they told me that the hull shouldn’t be a problem for the ultra-sonic.

i did....maybe i used the wrong kind....i used a marine epoxy, but the cure time was about 3 hours, setting time 24.

i also have one that takes about....48 hours to cure, and 7 days to fully set...

i also have the 3M 5200 adhesive, but thats not epoxy.

It’s also important that the place isn’t made in sandwich technique. You must be sure that there is only fiberglass at this position. If there is foam in between it will damp the signal and your readings are shi….
I guess I just found a good place. Unfortunately I can’t make pictures right now because tomorrow I will go on vacation and the boat is packed already. :thumbsup: Do you have pictures from your transducer and your installation point?

well...i thought i had decent epoxy, but i dont. When the boats not running, it actually reads....kinda, but after ive run for a minute or two, it craps out. i reached back and poked the epoxy....nasty stuff came off on my hand....only been 2 weeks...so im going to pull it out, warm it up with a hair dryer or something, and clean it off (better then another $220.00 for a new one) and see if i can get it working before i try again. i finally found a slow cure epoxy with a 150,000 psi resistance, vs the 3000psi i had. my bad.

So where did each of you mount the transducers inside the hull? Pictures are always appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back