Speedster 200 sunpad latch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster32940

Hoping for some ideas & feedback. We were driving our speedster 200 in a moderate chop and the rear sunpad opened by itself. Come to find out the bolt/catch that connects to the remote release had broken. The catch bolt actually is glued together and had separated. New could not believe that a
Glued together bolt was the only mechanical piece that BRP uses to close that rear hatch. Has anyone else had that part fail? We had to use bungeee cords for the rest of the week to hold it closed

My ski locker lid had struts.. If I recall correctly the strut was taped to the boat.. I brought it in for service and informed them of what was there.. They used some adhesive glue.. 2 days later and it came apart again.. Needless to say my ski locker no longer has a strut lol..

Hoping for some ideas & feedback. We were driving our speedster 200 in a moderate chop and the rear sunpad opened by itself. Come to find out the bolt/catch that connects to the remote release had broken. The catch bolt actually is glued together and had separated. New could not believe that a
Glued together bolt was the only mechanical piece that BRP uses to close that rear hatch. Has anyone else had that part fail? We had to use bungeee cords for the rest of the week to hold it closed

How did you fix this? I've got the same issue right now.

Happened to me last weekend I ordered a new off Amazon it just unscrews . But the price of this part is way over priced but whatever it's fixed now.

Here is the failed latch stud
209.jpg
210.jpg

Maybe some Sikaflex or G-FLex epoxy, but that rubber to steel bond may be tough. Wouldn't hurt to try.

I cleaned the ends very well with acetone then let it dry. I used Gorilla Glue and placed in a vise until it cured.
I had it back in my boat for about a month with no issues. However if it fails I'll update this post. Fingers crossed[emoji13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back