Shop Discount Sea-Doo Parts

Speedster 200 sunpad latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster32940

New Member
Messages
145
Location
Melbourne FL
Water Crafts
2008 Speedster 200 "Caliente"
Hoping for some ideas & feedback. We were driving our speedster 200 in a moderate chop and the rear sunpad opened by itself. Come to find out the bolt/catch that connects to the remote release had broken. The catch bolt actually is glued together and had separated. New could not believe that a
Glued together bolt was the only mechanical piece that BRP uses to close that rear hatch. Has anyone else had that part fail? We had to use bungeee cords for the rest of the week to hold it closed
 

fearthisinc

New Member
Messages
190
Location
NJ
Water Crafts
2010 Sea-Doo Speedster 150 w/ 155hp motor
My ski locker lid had struts.. If I recall correctly the strut was taped to the boat.. I brought it in for service and informed them of what was there.. They used some adhesive glue.. 2 days later and it came apart again.. Needless to say my ski locker no longer has a strut lol..
 

hungoverracer

New Member
Messages
13
Location
arkansas
Hoping for some ideas & feedback. We were driving our speedster 200 in a moderate chop and the rear sunpad opened by itself. Come to find out the bolt/catch that connects to the remote release had broken. The catch bolt actually is glued together and had separated. New could not believe that a
Glued together bolt was the only mechanical piece that BRP uses to close that rear hatch. Has anyone else had that part fail? We had to use bungeee cords for the rest of the week to hold it closed
How did you fix this? I've got the same issue right now.
 

yamafreak

New Member
Messages
24
Location
monee il
Water Crafts
08 speedster 200
Happened to me last weekend I ordered a new off Amazon it just unscrews . But the price of this part is way over priced but whatever it's fixed now.
 

JPass

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,276
Location
Orlando, FL
Water Crafts
2012 Challenger 210 SE
Maybe some Sikaflex or G-FLex epoxy, but that rubber to steel bond may be tough. Wouldn't hurt to try.
 

hungoverracer

New Member
Messages
13
Location
arkansas
I cleaned the ends very well with acetone then let it dry. I used Gorilla Glue and placed in a vise until it cured.
I had it back in my boat for about a month with no issues. However if it fails I'll update this post. Fingers crossed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

SPONSORED LINKS

Latest posts

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member
Top