Speedster 200 Discussion Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SidewayzEvo

Heck yes we need this!!!! First of all I'd like to say to all speedster 200 owners, if you havn't gotten the BRP Trim tab kit, U better get on it! I just had them installed on my speedster and holy fricken crap do they make a difference! The Boat still hops over waves and rides jet-ski hard in general which is obviously a hull design type thing but the trim tabs made the boat 100 % More usuable..............

Which brings us to my new problem... boat doesnt like to turn right. When u try to turn right the boat tries to ride on the SIDE of the boat. Yes!, the side... Like all stickers in the water, wake tower about to gulp a wave.... The dealer can't find anything broken or wrong inside the helm or with the rear reverse gate or nosels.... Anyone have any insight?? The onlyt way I can turn right is if I rip the boat to the left and immediately crank it right. Anyone!??!?!

Heck yes we need this!!!! First of all I'd like to say to all speedster 200 owners, if you havn't gotten the BRP Trim tab kit, U better get on it! I just had them installed on my speedster and holy fricken crap do they make a difference! The Boat still hops over waves and rides jet-ski hard in general which is obviously a hull design type thing but the trim tabs made the boat 100 % More usuable..............

Which brings us to my new problem... boat doesnt like to turn right. When u try to turn right the boat tries to ride on the SIDE of the boat. Yes!, the side... Like all stickers in the water, wake tower about to gulp a wave.... The dealer can't find anything broken or wrong inside the helm or with the rear reverse gate or nosels.... Anyone have any insight?? The onlyt way I can turn right is if I rip the boat to the left and immediately crank it right. Anyone!??!?!

Just a thought but did it do this before the trim tab kit was installed?????

We put LOTS of hours on the boat this summer, and didn't really need a trim kit much at all. A couple times purposing, but that is all. Do you have a link to the trim tab site so I can learn more???

I could turn right pretty well when going around to return to a skier. I was pretty low in the water, but that was no biggie. Could it be better??? Maybe....

Mine does the same thing and won't turn right above 20 miles/hr. Its the steering cable. Apparently it seperates from the outer sheath so it binds up the cable and won't turn.

I would be interested in where you got the trim tab set up and what it costs.

Jim

I would suggest installing new steering rack that was introduced in 2011 I think which is rack and pinion instead of old design. perhaps, someone can take a photo of new setup inside the helm?

Trim Tab kit

I would like to get some trim tab as well for my speedster 200 . Did you loose much top speed and where exactly do you buy them from?

Subscribing to this thread, I'm an old skool speedster owner but I think this is the year I jump from the 98' to the 200.

My boat doesn't porpous very much, but I did look into adding tabs just to be able to trim the nose down when pulling heavier skiers. Here's some info. There are several companies making trim tabs for Seadoo products, here's one using hydraulics:
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/catalog.php?vID=78&catHome=1
And here's another using electronics:
http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xc...Trim_Tabs__12x9_SeaDoo_Jet_Boat_Trim_Tab.html
Hydraulic cost more but are supposed to outlast elec, because the motor's are not in the water. Other accessories, switches etc. are required. Hope this helps, John

Trim Tab Kit

Many thanks , the hydraulic ones are the go but not sure if they product are compatible with the speedster 200. Waiting for their response on that . Second choice would be the manually adjustable option from BRP but not able to locate them at Seadoo wharehouse and not sure where else apart from BRP Australia . That takes seven weeks and double the price . Any help would be much appreciated.

There is no way to mount the Bennett or lenco tabs to the back of the boat. I spent two days on the phone with Bennett trying to figure a way out. They had their engineers trying to help and everything. Absolutely went above and beyond trying to help me. The actuators are just to big. I mounted two nauticus trim tabs to the ride plates and mounted the actuators to the hull inboard of the pumps. There is zero bow rise and completely eliminated my horrible porpoising problem. It wants to chine walk At slower speeds now. I am making some small adjustments and slowly making it better. More lake testing this weekend. Right now I just have to much lift from the tabs. I may end up having to change the actuators to a smaller one. I will get some pictures soon. All I have is my iPad this weekend and cant find a way to post pics from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidewayz where did you get the trim tabs? I and several others are interested.

They are the mobster tabs with the 80lb actuators and it was 189.99 from ebuyersworld.com. I think I will be trying the 60lb actuators soon. Just not enough room to get the full adjustment out of it. It is a very tight install and it took two full days to do it. I am very happy with the new ride. On a choppy day the boat is almost perfect (for a 20ft boat anyway). On a calm day it wants to chine walk at normal speeds but is perfect at wot. Old top speed was 63mph, now it is 61mph. I think the 60lb actuators will help this. It changes everything about how the boat handles. The slow speed RH turns put the rub rail in the water and it doesn't want to turn. You can make it happen with the throttle. The throttles are used a lot more in turns now. If you do it right it spins out a lot better with the tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back