Speedster 200 Advise Please

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzTEXS

howdy all,

just put a deposit on a 2006 Speedster 200 / 430HP version with 101hrs on the clock.

I have the full service history, but i can see that the superchargers havent been done.

My question is .. do i replace the washers when they go or can i just wait for them to go first ?

The boat is in very very good condition and mostly garaged for most of its life. i just dont want to be up for serious cash right now.

Supercharger rebuild has more to do with the bearings than the washers. If your motor has the ceramic washers, then you want to rebuild right away. The normal rebuild schedule for the superchargers is 100-200 hours (depending on year) and/or 2 years of run time since last rebuild.

I'd probably spend the money to do the rebuild if there were no records for an 11 year old boat regarding the supercharger maintenance. $870 for the rebuild is a lot cheaper than the damage they can do if they were to fail.

yeah it hasnt done the supercharger rebuild @ 100hrs .. but this will also include the washer upgrade right ?

Absolutely get it rebuilt. If either the washers or bearings fail you will be pulling the motor. Www.PWCmuscle.com does it for $430. All OEM parts, updated shaft, and return freight. [MENTION=2]hfgreg[/MENTION] can help you.

Rebuild it! As mentioned above, if you can remove it your self and ship it off your way ahead and it makes the cost much more reasonable. My local dealer will only sell me a new one, not rebuild and installed its over 1k. When my boat is ready I will send it off myself and get it taken care of!

Well here is the thing .. when the boat was on 99hrs .. the previous owners for some stupid reason got a 50hr service and checked everything as perfect including a BUDS system output.

Now 8 months later .. its only done an extra 5hrs and now I have it ..

I understand you are across the pond, but you do need to get them addressed.

If they fail, you will be pulling the engines so that you can get the parts out of the oil pan.

Also, if you are not familiar with them, your engine will have Sodium Filled Exhaust valves. These are known to fail. That said, they fail at a much lesser rate in boats as compared to ski as you really can't run boat engines at max RPMs and run it very hard for long periods.

If you are not familiar with them, let us know and we can fill you in.

Im betting shipping to US and back is still cheaper when they fall apart and toast the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back