Speedometer problem with my 2011 gti

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the weekend, I had my girlfriend on the back and the problem arose. The machine slowed down then all of a sudden the throttle kicked back in (probably wide open) unexpectedly, injuring both me and my girlfriend. I filed a complaint with BBB this morning. I doubt anything will come of it though.

Sorry to hear that. I think for your safety, you need to spend the 600 on the new cluster. Then take up the matter with BRP.

I ended up filing a conplaint through bbb, I was eventually contacted by someone through their legal dept. I think they are going to supply the part and I will pay for labor. They need to confirm what the problem is though. Although after talking with the dealer, they already think the problem is the cluster. Seems like a fair outcome to me, lesson learned: take things back if I suspect anything while it's still under warranty.

The dealer wanted me to confirm the issue after I unplugged the cruise control module. I was able to do this on Saturday and I returned the unit to the dealer on Monday. They have contacted Sea-Doo and I have been notified that they are shipping me out a new dash.

273.jpg

Badass! Got a analog tach and speedo now!

I'd be interested buying in your old broken one if your dealer didn't have to send it back to BRP(sometimes they require it but not always). I'd like to tear it apart and go through it to try and find the problem.

And, have you confirmed that this completely fixed your issue?

They kept the old one. I took it out yesterday and it did not act up. It acted up on 90% of trips. Can't say for sure but I am fairly confident.

Just now seeing this thread. I have had a similar issue although i have not connected the two problems. My throttle will unexpectedly drop when in the chop and i did notice on one occasion my speedo displayed 60+ when i was only doing 30ish. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if the two are related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back