Spearfishing off of jetski ideas?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

yajblackburn

I am a avid freediver and recently aquired a 94 Bombardier. I was going to try to modify some kind of holder to hold the equipment and wanted to see if anyone on here as done the same. I thought about purchasing a winter sled and installing tiedowns to hold the gun, fins, float etc. I am worried that the sled would flip over while I was riding and lose my equipment. I might be able to fit most of my stuff in the bow but I really don't thing the gun would fit. Was wondering if anyone has tried anthing like this before.

You've got a real fun ski, while I'm not sure what model it is it's got a X4 hull, probably an XP. I've got a 96XP which I love but it's only downfall is it's not very stable. I don't know how much you have ridden your ski, but it's strictly a one person ski.

You need a more stable ski, either a newer 4-tek or a pre 96GTX, or a 96GTI they are very stable ski's, but not as much fun to ride. I have never even come close to tipping my 96GTI.

Lou

Hello. I'm in the process of restoring a 95 xp and a 97 tigershark montego and rigging it for spearfishing in southern california. we figured the same rescue sleds that the tow in wave surfers and lifeguards use would be best for diving. They attatch the sled so the front of the sled is barely on top of the ski so it won't flip. Basically strap gear, probably utilize some cargo netss, onto the sleds and out to the kelp forests. Only problem is that the cheap ones are worth more than our jetskis. hahaha. We know one guy that owns one and doesn't use it so we are trying to barter for it. Or borrow it for extended periods of time. The white sea bass and yellowtail are coming in soon and my seadoos still need work. Time to get them seaworthy! Good luck and happy fishing.

The 95 XP will not hold any gear just one person. We also have a tigershark montego with a larger hull and carrying capacity. The tigershark will haul the equipment on a rescue sled and one rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back