Sparks on craigslist

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I think the marketing plan behind the spark was very well played on seadoo's part - $4,995 for a jet ski brings in a lot of buyers, then they nickle and dime you into spending $7k+ however it has hurt the resale value of them.

Example: Guy pays $8k out the door for his "built" and sales taxed spark. Then wants to sell it for $6k a year later (which is probably fair) but the buyer sees that and thinks "no way, I can get a new one for $5k!"

Sadly, very true, that is of course until they make the trip to the dealer, and price one out like the orig owner did last year, and then go "Now wait a minute"... Kinda happened to me, I knew as I added all the options (HO, IBR, etc) that the price was getting further and further from the $4995 that initially drew me in to purchase my first PWC, but I figured that I was going to keep it for the long term, that it is fairly powerful and light, and compared to the $12-15,000 PWC's that are normal out there, this one is still a decent value. $4995 for one that I would like to own, no, but still much better than the alternatives (to me at least).

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/boa/4822289458.html

Getting closer to that 4k price.

297.jpg

Selling 2014 Sea Doo Spark. Runs great very fast out of the hole. Will do about 54mph. It has an aftermarket exhaust, and a 110hp Vtech tune. 4550$ no trailer. still under warranty do not bother responding to this add unless you plan on playing more than 4,000 don't waste my time or yours

Lol still under warranty! Too bad once you tune it the warranty is gone. Unless you can switch it back

Last edited by a moderator:
The big seadoo dealer here in MN just opened up a 2nd store near downtown, right off the highway with all the high end car dealers where people with big downtown salaries and disposable cash drive home from work. They put up six of these ads on craigslist for sparks. I didn't see them put up any ads for other models though, maybe a push to move sparks this summer.....

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bod/4869261723.html

Get them in on the entry level price, then talk them into the Mac Daddy. Cause you know the deep pockets will upgrade.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

The Sparks seem to take a lot of heat over the hull when they first came out. I read articles where the hulls were cracking from either jumping and stressing them, or from hitting things like the dock. I guess they are either very hard or next to impossible to fix. BRP was selling entire bottom hull replacements, for right around $100, if I remember right. I spoke to several people here at work (Ford motors) who were interested in them, but that interest went away after some bad press about the hulls.

Hmm, I personally haven't read much about hull issues. I can recall one person here who mentioned it fairly early in the season last year, after doing some pretty hard beating on it, if I remember correctly. Other than that, I think the hull cracking issue is more theoretical than anything else at this point. Maybe the sample size isn't large enough yet, and when we get all the 2015 sales made and out on the water, it will be more clear if the concern is warranted or not. Now as to the handlebars, that was def an issue, and was dealt with via recall.

The Sparks seem to take a lot of heat over the hull when they first came out. I read articles where the hulls were cracking from either jumping and stressing them, or from hitting things like the dock. I guess they are either very hard or next to impossible to fix. BRP was selling entire bottom hull replacements, for right around $100, if I remember right. I spoke to several people here at work (Ford motors) who were interested in them, but that interest went away after some bad press about the hulls.

Yeah things are going to break when you run them into the dock or other jetskis like my friend. So my front had a crack from a ski to ski accident.

the Hull is very easy to fix. I got a 65 dollar plastic welder from Harbor Freight and welded back. Once you get the hang of plastic welding, it's pretty easy. I had the repair thread here sometime last summer.

I've never driven a spark but I have to think part of the reason you see so many being sold is that multiple passengers don't seem to fit all that well. I sat on a two seater at a dealership and a smallish adult or child could sit with me but definately not 2 adults based on the weight capacity(and no, i don't weigh 300 pounds or anything close to it). In a lot of cases on the lower end price I think you end up with families looking at them and then finding out that they don't work so well to take all the kids out at the same time. Thus the lower end GTS and GTI models end up serving a bit more of a functional purpose and people have to offload their Spark in order to upgrade.

I think some are right...they advertise 4999.99 but when you get the 2 up H.O. ACE w/conv pkg, trailer, tax etc...it ends up over 8k.

I have a 2014 with FIVE HOURS im trying to sell for payoff (7300) and can't get a nibble. This is with the 450.00 graphics kit, bumpers, dock bumpers, hydro mat, hydro turf seat cover, vests, trailer, stickered and tagged thru may 16.

I've paid over a year on it, but I've had guys email me and say "you're trying to rip me off I can get one for 5k" so I gladly tell them to go to the dealer and get the same setup w/trailer and all the extras for 5k. Simply not happeneing.

Back