Sparks on craigslist

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jetskigoodies

I have been seeing the 90hp sparks for around 5k on cl. Amazing, I almost paid close to $7000 for one this year.

$5300

291.jpg

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/4657522538.html

$5400
292.jpg

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/4651594907.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if their are people disappointed in them or why so many would be for sale so soon?

5k would be fun for a 90 HP one :)

anything loses a good % soon as it's 'used', it's just more obvious with the lower priced items...

7k to 5k seems like more than say a 14k ski going for 12k

Who knows why?

They could tell you:

1.)They really hate it
2.)They sunk it full of water
3.)Knocked up their chick

Which reply do you want to hear?

I suspect why people are selling these is because of the stand up ridding style. Honestly I ride mine stand all the time. It's comfortable and love throwing it about. It's not your crash through the wake jetski. On moderate chop, it will beat the crap out of you at 30+.

They are still way too slow for me. Waiting for one with real performance.

For the target audience and the relative low cost, they do very well when it comes to speed. If you need/want faster, you have many options. It wasn't the intention of BRP to build a cheap speed demon. That would seriously cut into the profits if their other skis,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect why people are selling these is because of the stand up ridding style. Honestly I ride mine stand all the time. It's comfortable and love throwing it about. It's not your crash through the wake jetski. On moderate chop, it will beat the crap out of you at 30+.
Yep, it sure does. I can only take so much of it in moderate chop, it's So much more fun earlier in the day when the water is like glass. I then just beat the piss out of it, almost like riding a dirt bike on water!

... It wasn't the intention of BRP to build a cheap speed demon. That would seriously cut into the profits if their other skis,,,
Here's one I had been having rattle around the back my my head since I heard about the new upgraded 2014 Can-Am Spyder. It would be something for someone who has more time and money than sense, but I believe that the Sparks motor is based upon the same general layout as the Spyders. So, what about a swap? Find a wrecked 2014, measure it up, and you'd probably have to employ the assistance of a good machinist, but how much fun would that be if you could shoehorn it into a Spark? Not sure if it's feasible, but I've found in life if you are willing to throw enough money at a problem, you can probably get the results you're looking for.

Life on a SKID!

it's hard...
I'm not creating enough here to write a song...

the Spark is fun and all, but why not push that engine to 150 and drop it in an old XP? ya know, like a 2002? ;)

Did you check out this sellers other listings? A hummer limo? A bunch of other vehicles, must be a repo house, pawn shop, or ??

By the way, I owe Sheffield close to $4999, so if I would sell my spark I may offer it close to that... But I think I'm gonna keep I truly love it, now my Speedster I may sell that one next year close to what I owe. If everything goes well move up to a scarab 165..

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check out this sellers other listings? A hummer limo? A bunch of other vehicles, must be a repo house, pawn shop, or ??

By the way, I owe Sheffield close to $4999, so if I would sell my spark I may offer it close to that... But I think I'm gonna keep I truly love it, now my Speedster I may sell that one next year close to what I owe. If everything goes well move up to a scarab 165..

You say pawn or repo, I'll say a hustler. Not knocking anyone who hustles for a living some guys I'm friends with do it as well as heavy equipment repo.

I know I see a bunch selling for $7k, $8300, etc.. Which some can be the 3UP, the HO , the Convenience package, etc...
But I was told these skis would fit on a standard x4 generation hull trailer...so, I was told BASE MSRP on these are $4,999...and that is the BASE, stripped down version, etc..
So, if you didn't need a trailer, and you GOT the base model at $4,999, even with taxes, you could/should be walking away with a BRAND NEW ski for under $6k...
So seeing all of these prices, are these owners realistically trying to sell them for more than what they paid for it?
I'm wondering if bc they are hard to come across, if some people are riding them, then either marking them up or trying to break even after they BEAT THE PISS out of them, and put them on SKIDS for example..
Like, the elmo doll that was like $80, but they were selling for like $1800

Back