Some commercial fun with the Spark!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Minnetonka4me

Premium Member
Premium Member
This one I saw a few days ago...just plain awesome!

[video=youtube;HEk0kZxQGnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEk0kZxQGnM&sns=fb[/video]

And then...

[video=youtube;FbfmETduNO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbfmETduNO8[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, First I'll say that I'm not bitter. Even thought mine isn't supposed to be in till sometime in June... :mad: But I find it kind of odd that they are starting to crank up the advertising now on them, when rumor has it that they are pretty much close to sold out of them, and won't have any more in this season. Seems like they are setting themselves up for some pretty poor PR when many people see it because of the ads, then hear about the pricing, (they might be like me, couldn't justify a $12-15k+ PWC, but at $5k, Hey! I know, out the door it's a bit more, but that price point is set to grab peoples attn) and then go into the dealer and be told sorry, we're out of them and won't have any in till next season (and this is in May!). Oh, but we do have this $10-15,000 rig right over here we could sell you. I kinda think that would go over like a fart in church. I wouldn't exactly call it bait and switch, but whatever it is, it won't be giving Seadoo a good rep once the word gets out. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the new Sea-Doo video featuring PWC Muscle sponsored racer Kevin Wassum:

[video=youtube;U7oh0J3-AnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7oh0J3-AnQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Greg I have seen that one about 100 times on TV the last few weeks. Im with Alha...why advertise it so hard if there is such little stock left?

Im hearing Seadoo is ULTRA pissed about all the aftermarket ecu programming. The dealers are making nothing on the base model assuming a guy will upgrade it at the dealer to regain a profit...but everyone is buying Vtec tuners and discounted accessories and installing them on their own.

Now Yamaha is crying in their beers....comparing their big heavy expensive base model to a seadoo spark! What a bunch of whiners!

[video=youtube;axRYKp3IDEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axRYKp3IDEc[/video]

Let everyone else bring up its shortcomings...when a competitor does it, esp when their comparable machine isnt similar, makes them look like whining babies. Buck up Yamaha and build something new! How bout a 4 stroke blaster!?!

Hehe I wonder what the ad/comparison is going to be when Yamaha/whoever decides to start making a "plastic" PWC. OUR plastic is Much Better then Their plastic. This is pretty much like apples and oranges, though they do have a point about the pricing, that is what got me to go to the show and even look at them. 5k, nice! Weeeeelll, actually closer to 8 after optioning it up (my choice, I know) and adding a trailer & extended factory warranty.

Never even seen/heard about/driven the one they are comparing it with, but I do know it looks a lot heavier, and not a lot more horsepower to move all that extra weight. Yes, the jury is still out on how it will hold up long term, but so far it's been out in the wild for almost 6 months, and the world hasn't stopped revolving around it's axis.

Time will tell, but again, my opinion, either stop advertising them, or run your friggin' factory at 2-3 shifts for a month or so, and get the supply out there to meet the demand. Otherwise you could easily end up looking like a bunch of a$$clowns. Not good on an initial launch of a potentially very popular product.

Ok, First I'll say that I'm not bitter. Even thought mine isn't supposed to be in till sometime in June... :mad: But I find it kind of odd that they are starting to crank up the advertising now on them, when rumor has it that they are pretty much close to sold out of them, and won't have any more in this season.
In talking with my local dealer, they are doing a secondary production run.

In talking with my local dealer, they are doing a secondary production run.

Our dealer here in MN...who won best dealer in North America...is telling me as of a week ago that is not confirmed. They have been trying to buy them from other dealers and BRP wont allow it. I would *think* your dealer would be right, but thats what Ive been told.

Is it just me, or is this insane? What company, (who obviously would have to have the capacity to make their product, which Seadoo does, they aren't some small mom and pop shop), wouldn't do everything in their power to sell as many doo-dads as possible. Only reason I could see if if there is any constraint in their supply chain. Most mfgs today sub out a significant amount of their sub assy production, not sure if this is true with BRP, but if so, they may be having issues with the Just In Time delivery model, which is what many mfgs use to save on inventory costs. Really kills them when there is unanticipated demand and the mfg needs a quick turn around time for replenishment.

If this is true, and they have parts shortages, that could be a significant impediment to getting a decent number of units produced to meet demand. If most of it is made in house, then there is no reason other than incompetence for them being in the situation they are currently facing. Minnetonka4me, no offense but I sure hope xintersecty is right and our dealer is wrong, because this will not be good for BRP if they muff this one. On top of that, if there are any issues with the Spark (gawd forbid), plus mfg production limitations, they would Really have a black eye to deal with. Hopefully the roll-out and initial season go without a hitch for current owners, and they figure out a way to ramp up production somehow.

kinda funny that rather than coming up a solution as a comeback they're whining and crying. lol! and pissed!
the spark was made to throw around!:D

Back